Tonight Will Be My First Time Strength Training at the Gym

Options
msmayor
msmayor Posts: 362 Member
I'm waiting for my NROLFW to arrive but it has not gotten here yet - should I wait or just begin? I'm a little eager but I'm not sure what to do first ....please give me advice I want to lift.....

Also where do you track you lifting progress in a book or your phone? Do I need to where anything special or have any special equipment?

And ANewLucia....another wonderful idea and thanks to the counterparts giving up the GRAND advice!!!!!

Replies

• ANewLucia
    ANewLucia Posts: 2,081 Member
    Options
    There is a droid/iphone app called JEFIT. I love it, when you download it you can also download the animation which shows you how to do each move as well as the description detail of what to do as well.

It has a basic routine you can follow. I would suggest going ahead and getting started, but ask for assistance from the people at the gym if you are unsure on how to use a machine.
  • gemiwing
    gemiwing Posts: 1,525 Member
    Options
    I second what Lucia said - I just wanted to add how excited I am for you! weight lifting is so different and so... empowering I guess is the word. I look forward to hearing how it went for you! :D
  • sedosher
    sedosher Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    Tonight is my second night of NROLW! I didn't think the first night made me sore until I did pilates last night and got into my first plank...then I felt shoulder muscles I never knew I had. haha I am able to do them at home with only dumbbells but my husband has decided he would like to purchase a home gym...I tried not to act EXCITED and agreed it was a good idea. haha I would love to go to the gym but with 2 year old twins and the closest gym 30 mins from my house in another town it just isn't feasible.

Good luck tonight! Keep me posted! :)