Eating more to look like I weigh less :)

Options
kgordon7
kgordon7 Posts: 130 Member
I literally had to go back through my diary to find out when in particular I started eating more. I joined this site in March, and more like everyone else I was eating 1200 calories, which is what MFP recommended and of course I was netting probably between 300-600 calories 6 days a week, but I was able to continue losing weight because I was very heavy, 198 to be exact. At the time,I didn't know that lean muscle was being lost along with the weight, but I also didn't care because I just wanted to be skinny. About 7-8 months in, I had lost about 60 pounds and I started doing my research about lifting weights and maintaining lean muscle. I started Jillian Michaels 30 Day Shred with five pound weights (They now seem like baby weights to me). Then, I did her Ripped in 30, but after finishing two rounds of that, I wanted something more hardcore, so I started researching and came across Chalean Extreme. After learning about net calories, I started to net about 1200, then with more researching I recently started netting my BMR which is around 1349, so I eat about 1600-2000 calories depending on the workout. When I tell you that this couldn't be a better thing being able to never feel hungry and to look better even if the scale doesn't move. I'm near goal anyway which is 125 pounds. I haven't weighed myself for the week yet but it was 126.6 last week, after TOM. I enjoy lifting weights more than I do cardio ( I know sounds crazy right), but really I do. I have 3 cardio days and 3 lifting days, followed with one rest day. Now on to the good stuff, here are some pictures from not lifting weights, not netting BMR and only doing cardio, to me lifting weights, netting BMR, and only limited cardio days. Oh, I almost forgot, I started to eat more around November. I started eating more to net 1200 around December, and around mid January, I started making sure that I net my BMR. Also, I started eating around 1600-2000 and making sure I get 100+ grams of protein and a lot of healthy fats around Dec.- Jan. Ok, here are the pics.

8ww87a.jpg

154u5w8.jpg

11izjpw.jpg (The picture to the right is suppose to say March. I just took it on Sunday)

5955717.png

Replies

• ANewLucia
    ANewLucia Posts: 2,081 Member
    Options
    WOW!
  • msmayor
    msmayor Posts: 362 Member
    Options
    This is crazy....I mean crazy GOOD!! I read 3x......great work!
  • kgordon7
    Options
    I'm really just noticing the difference myself just by looking at these pictures because I haven't done a comparison in a while.
  • gemiwing
    gemiwing Posts: 1,525 Member
    Options
    WOW! You're so inspiring! Even just between the last two months- Great job!!! Thanks so much for posting these :D
  • 31prvrbs
    31prvrbs Posts: 687 Member
    Options
    Thanks for sharing, girl! You look great!!!!
  • kgordon7
    Options
    Thanks everyone. Can't wait to see everyone else changes.
  • lindsayjdodd
    lindsayjdodd Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    WOW, lady!!!! You look awesome! Thank you so much for sharing your story and photos! Such an encouragement! Congrats to you on your accomplishments!
  • Buddhasmiracle
    Buddhasmiracle Posts: 925 Member
    Options
    And how WOW! You are definately an inspiration. Great pics and story!
  • kgordon7
    Options
    Oh, and the pic that is next to the one that says November, should say December.
  • bushidowoman
    bushidowoman Posts: 1,599 Member
    Options
    Wow, you look AWESOME!
  • trishadams
    trishadams Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    Your hardwork has paid off!! You look awesome! Thanks for the share.
  • sloanie1
    sloanie1 Posts: 276 Member
    Options
    This is so wonderful to see! you look incredible and should be really proud! this is day 3 for me of upping my calories, I was scared at first but realised well I have been on a plateau for 6months and was hungry and miserable, working out like a demon and not seeing results.....already I feel better, I'm not even thinking about food much at all because I know my next meal is just around the corner, I don't feel like bingeing either....I want to stick this out for at least 6 weeks to see the proper results, but everything I'm reading about eating more is living proof! thankyou for sharing your story...:o)
  • ANewLucia
    Options
    This is a great forum post that you may want to take a look at...

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/494091-i-just-don-t-care-anymore
  • ANewLucia
    Options
    Hey, I too can't wait to see some pics of everyone's changes! I will post mine here when I get some new ones...lol