Your fav non-lifting day workout

Options
sedosher
sedosher Posts: 142 Member
I just started NROLW on Monday, so tonight is day 2. So I will be lifting weights 3 days a week, every other day. In NROLW he discusses suggested non-lifting workout day exercises. Pretty much it can be anything that is not too strenuous to allow for your muscles to recover. Yesterday I did pilates, which I love.

But that got me thinking what all you ladies do. :) So what's you fav non-lifting day workout? Do you keep it simple with something like pilates, yoga, walking, low impact aerobics? Or do you keep the level up with a higher intensity workout that burns more calories?

Thanks!

Replies

• ANewLucia
    ANewLucia Posts: 2,081 Member
    Options
    LOL...I don't have one...my fav workout is my BACK/BI lift day...lol.

Well the only day I don't lift, I do the Missions, and that def is not a fav day...over 200 push ups...no not a fav.
  • Buddhasmiracle
    Buddhasmiracle Posts: 925 Member
    Options
    It's kind of a do nothing day, lifts or otherwise; but I like to ride my bike, and mix the pace.
  • gemiwing
    gemiwing Posts: 1,525 Member
    Options
    Great topic! :D

I like taking walks with my Hubby, sidewalk chalk (getting up and down is a workout lol), playing Kinect golf or Kinect yoga... anything that is all about long slow distance.

There is a benefit to LSD (long slow distance) type workouts on rest days- its a break for your body but also helps channel that new-found energy. It's relaxing to my spirit as well- no rush, no HIIT.. just enjoying the moment :)
  • trishadams
    trishadams Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    I also lift 3 days a week. On my off days I try to walk to work (about 35 min) and/or get in some yoga, ab work or stretching. When my focus shifts more toward fat loss, I will add in intervals or steady state wos on the elliptical.