Current discussion about starvation mode

Options
sedosher
sedosher Posts: 142 Member
Here is a link to a current discussion about starvation mode. Parts of the conversation are actually very sad, I haven't replied because honestly I don't have the solid reserach to help convince this individuals who seem very set in their ways of eating around 750 calories a day.

However, the most useful are some of the links within the thread about those that up their intake and see great results. :)

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/517748-starvation-mode-article-that-i-found-very-very-helpful

Replies

• sloanie1
    sloanie1 Posts: 276 Member
    Options
    WOW! someone said they get full from 750 calories......I might on 7500! LOL its sad, even if its not starving the body its certainly not getting all the nutrients it needs! I mean I have only been at this eating more for the last 3 dayd but I can honestly say, on 1200 I just wasn't functioning properly especially all the exercise I do, yes I've lost 35lbs but that has been over 18months and a lot of bingeing in between....I feel really confident that this will work for me because all the strong women posting on here are living proof!
  • gemiwing
    gemiwing Posts: 1,525 Member
    Options
    It's hard to have found such freedom and all around it seems like people are living under this painful yoke of starvation.

The best thing we can do is to eat right, talk about eating enough, then BE the proof they need to see. Nothing we can say or hotlink speaks as loudly as 'Here's how I lost all my weight and now bench a small SUV' ;) We can share our feelings of freedom from food guilt (oh NO i was SO BAD i had a friggn cupcake!!! lol) and lead by example.

Personally, I pray for them and give thanks that God has me in a position to help if I can. For other people it might just be the knowledge that there's nothing they can do to change their minds.

I was full on 700 cals a day. I also drank a pot of coffee each morning to 'wake up', I had NO extra energy, never wanted to do anything after work/gym, I was irritable... AND I never lost a pound and kept it off. Not one single pound. Remember the brain is fed by food- so sometimes thinking can be impaired by low cal diets as well. Not saying low cal people can't think lol Simply pointing out facts of brain fog from VLC diets. I know for me- I had trouble reading a book, just couldn't concentrate.

Now- I eat tons, have energy to WANT to workout on rest days, drink two cups of coffee (big deal for me lol), clean the house and still WANT to do more. I'm actively engaged- and that shows. Let's just do what we can do and lead. When people are ready they'll try out what we now know and learned from those who went before us. :)
  • 31prvrbs
    31prvrbs Posts: 687 Member
    Options
  • gemiwing
    gemiwing Posts: 1,525 Member
    Options

That is exactly what it felt like- exactly to the T. Wow... thank you for posting that!
  • wordpainter09
    wordpainter09 Posts: 472 Member
    Options
    Wow great post! And scary stats to think about...going to go eat some ice cream now to bump my cals a bit.