OMG It's working

Options
Sasha_Bear
Sasha_Bear Posts: 625 Member
Finally broke my plateau! I have been gaining and losing the same 3 pounds for the last 2 plus months Well today I conquered that 3lbs plus 2 more! Dropped a inch and a half off my waist, a inch off my hips, and 3 inches off my bust! Now I haven't upped my calories to the 1800 that was recommended yet but within the last two weeks I have been averaging between 1450 and 1700 which is a nice jump from 1200! I think there may be something to this upping your calories things thank you AnewLucia I'm a believer!

Replies

• 31prvrbs
    31prvrbs Posts: 687 Member
    Options
    WOOOHOOOO!!!!!

Good for you, for sticking it out, Sasha_Bear! Amazing things happen when our bodies get the fuel that it needs! It can actually start doing what we've wanted it to do all along!!
  • KathyEarhart
    KathyEarhart Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    That's great!
  • secretgirl4611
    secretgirl4611 Posts: 474 Member
    Options
    amazing job!! :) hmm okk upping calories dont sound so bad. yea right now my cal. recommendation for this site is 1,430 which to me is lower than how Im use to eating. But im stickin with it. So when I exercise if it says you have earned extra calories should I eat those calories as well?? I def. would like to if it works cuz Ive been working out for 1month with no weight loss (due to too many diet cheat days) and 5lbs came off then came back on.. so def. need to figure something out. :) ONCE AGAIN GREEEEAAATT! JOB!! GLAD UR FEELIN GOOD :)
  • kgordon7
    kgordon7 Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    AWESOME JOB!

5955717.png
  • gemiwing
    gemiwing Posts: 1,525 Member
    Options
    Finally broke my plateau! I have been gaining and losing the same 3 pounds for the last 2 plus months Well today I conquered that 3lbs plus 2 more! Dropped a inch and a half off my waist, a inch off my hips, and 3 inches off my bust! Now I haven't upped my calories to the 1800 that was recommended yet but within the last two weeks I have been averaging between 1450 and 1700 which is a nice jump from 1200! I think there may be something to this upping your calories things thank you AnewLucia I'm a believer!

Wonderful! So happy you're finding success- you are on a great path! :D Congratulations!!
  • 31prvrbs
    31prvrbs Posts: 687 Member
    Options
    amazing job!! :) hmm okk upping calories dont sound so bad. yea right now my cal. recommendation for this site is 1,430 which to me is lower than how Im use to eating. But im stickin with it. So when I exercise if it says you have earned extra calories should I eat those calories as well?? I def. would like to if it works cuz Ive been working out for 1month with no weight loss (due to too many diet cheat days) and 5lbs came off then came back on.. so def. need to figure something out. :) ONCE AGAIN GREEEEAAATT! JOB!! GLAD UR FEELIN GOOD :)

Yes, PLEASE, eat your workout cals back. :flowerforyou: Those are not figured into to the deficit that MFP gives you. If 1430 is your deficit # then your "net" cals should always be equal to that. If 1430 is your goal, but then you burn 300, you are only eating 1130, which is much too low. So.....enjoy! LOL (and don't fear upping your cals, many ladies can typically eat much more than they allow themselves and yet still lose. No need to starve if you don't have to!)
  • ANeWcRe8N
    ANeWcRe8N Posts: 1,180 Member
    Options
    Congrats, girl me too. I upped my calories from 1200 to 1800 plus 200 on a workout day and its been working. Although I sometimes don't always hit 1800 I am still eating more than I use to and I do not feel hungry at all :) I've been losing slowly but surely. I was also losing and gaining the same 5lbs for a very long time. Great job keep it up mama ;)
  • secretgirl4611
    secretgirl4611 Posts: 474 Member
    Options

Yes, PLEASE, eat your workout cals back. :flowerforyou: Those are not figured into to the deficit that MFP gives you. If 1430 is your deficit # then your "net" cals should always be equal to that. If 1430 is your goal, but then you burn 300, you are only eating 1130, which is much too low. So.....enjoy! LOL (and don't fear upping your cals, many ladies can typically eat much more than they allow themselves and yet still lose. No need to starve if you don't have to!)

Def. Not trying to starve myself haha I loooove to eat!! Now I just have to figure out what kind of snacks to have when I earn those extra calories from working out??? cooool thanks for the ADVICE as on this part of eating the extra cals. I was quite confused about it.. :)
  • NiceTee75
    NiceTee75 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Awesome job Sasha!!! I am trying this upping my calories thing too but I may have gone overboard these last two days. :-) I'm going to stick with it though to see if it works!!! :-) Thanks for sharing your success!!!
  • newMe936
    newMe936 Posts: 31
    Options
    Yay,Great news. I've tried to up mine too since you and mscoles have been talking about it. I had to look into it. Glad I did . Seems like I've lost a half pound a day since I started a few days ago. :D
  • Buddhasmiracle
    Buddhasmiracle Posts: 925 Member
    Options
    Look at you! Great job. I love your confidence !
  • mommamuscles
    mommamuscles Posts: 584 Member
    Options
    Love it! :)
  • ANewLucia
    ANewLucia Posts: 2,081 Member
    Options
    SO HAPPY FOR SASHA...
  • JadeRabbit08
    JadeRabbit08 Posts: 551 Member
    Options
    This is great to hear. I love this group, its so exciting! :)
  • msmayor
    msmayor Posts: 362 Member
    Options
    I second that this group is very motivating and supportive!!!! Great Job Sasha_Bear!!!!
  • tangiesharp
    tangiesharp Posts: 315 Member
    Options
    Congrats Sasha! And I am also thankful for the group. There's such good information here and a supportive community. Eating Rocks!!
  • ANewLucia
    Options
    Yay,Great news. I've tried to up mine too since you and mscoles have been talking about it. I had to look into it. Glad I did . Seems like I've lost a half pound a day since I started a few days ago. :D

WHAT WHAT???? AWESOME LADY!!! WOW!
  • ANewLucia
    Options
    Congrats Sasha! And I am also thankful for the group. There's such good information here and a supportive community. Eating Rocks!!

YES IT DOES!
  • MichelleRenee13
    MichelleRenee13 Posts: 363 Member
    Options
    Congrats!!! That is great!