just a hi and hello

Options
mfisher16508
mfisher16508 Posts: 269 Member
Hey guys and gals, just wanted to stop in and say hi and hello. Hope that you all are doing well, and getting on with each day without any probs.

We are great here, it was close to 70 degrees yesterday, and now today its cold and rainy, I guess that is why at this time of year Erie is called dreary erie, but I love it here. I love the 4 seasons, and the peninsula and lake and beaches ect....

I also wanted to thank you all for your support and encouragement as I am going thru this process of WLS.....your experience, insight and thoughtfullness have made me realize that not all in the world are lost. So thank you.

6 more days after today, cant belive it is here, I am excited, oh and I ate a piece of cheese today....and it was good.

Mary

Replies

• pavshop
    pavshop Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    Hello back at you! Good luck with your surgery. You will be a star.
  • gspea
    gspea Posts: 412 Member
    Options
    Good luck. Let us know how you are doing...
  • risskie
    risskie Posts: 203 Member
    Options
    MARY!!!!!
    These next days will fly - pretty soon it will be the night before and you'll be amazed at how fast the time went. You'll also start saying - 24 hours from now.... 12 hours from now.... 6 hours from now.... Then you'll be at the hospital prep room, staring at all the nurses as the bussel around you, asking questions, taking bp, getting you ready. Soon the MD will be in to see you, and to assure you all will be well. Then you'll find your self being wheeled to the O.R. You'll see the OR nurses, all masked, bright lights, and then.... you'll wake up in recovery. IT WILL BE ALL OVER. You'll be on your way to the NEW YOU.

Then it will be 6 weeks out (like me) and everything that happened - a blur!
    Let us know how it went. YOU"LL do great!!!! :wink:
    Good Luck

Christine
  • pavshop
    pavshop Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    Christine, You have a great memory. I remember kissing my husband goodbye, and then nothing until I was in my hospital room hours later. Drugs are amazing :tongue:

I had my surgery out of town from where I live. I was in a restaurant the night before with my husband and brother, I cried when I read the menu. Not sure why, but I was pretty emotional in the few days before surgery. The good news, I have recovered quickly and after about 5 days, I really felt like myself again. Once again, good luck.
  • mfisher16508
    mfisher16508 Posts: 269 Member
    Options
    Thank you, I love you all....as for emotional, I am too right now, when I talk about it I get teary eyed thinking about how big a change this is and how long it took to get here.

And you KNOW I will be posting from the hospital, that is my plan, lol...I work there so I can use one ofthere computers, woohooo, you are all the first ones Ill prob update anyways, other then the fam that is there.....

The time is flying by for sure, but somedays the time goes slow....I dont know....I wish it was here already....jeezzz
  • kidskart
    kidskart Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    How exciting! I am 1 month post-op and the time has flown. I think everyone is different, I wasn't nervous or emotional, I was very calm just a peacefulness knowing there was a light at the end of the tunnel!

Walk as soon as you can after surgery, it made a world of difference for me. Good luck, keep us updated!