3 month Plateau

Options
Febes24
Febes24 Posts: 85 Member
Since December of last year I've been at a plateau. It's as if as soon as my body hit -50 pounds my body stopped losing weight. I'm hoping increasing my calories slowly will help me break my plateau and start losing again. so far I'm having trouble eating pass 1300 I get full fast nd don't know what else I can eat to make up for the remaining 300 I have remaining.
Also I'm lost as to why my net calories hit a negative number yesterday.
Please if anyone has any advice for me please let me know

Replies

• ANewLucia
    ANewLucia Posts: 2,081 Member
    Options
    Please take a moment and read the forum on TDEE, you are not eating enough and regarding that negative net...you worked out more than you consumed calorie wise. Take a look at that TDEE topic, I think that will help you tremendously.
  • 31prvrbs
    31prvrbs Posts: 687 Member
    Options
    You may need to start slow w/increasing the cals. It will seem like a lot of food at first, but as your body becomes used to regular feedings and the amount of food given during those feedings. Any bloat/fullness will disappear, and you will find your body ASKING to be fed. Try eating your first meal early, and then setting a timer and eating every couple of hours to make sure you get enough meals in. As your body gets used to the "schedule" it'll ask for food at the appointed time. Once you work up to the full amount of cals, you can set your time intervals at more convenient intervals if you like (every 4 hours or whatever), still making sure you take in the full amount of cals.

You're not hungry because your body has adapted to the current plateau and doesn't expect more food. Instead, it's just holding on to every last morsel of food that you DO eat. Once it realizes you are willing to feed it, it will respond by giving you the desired results (weight loss).