Options
Hi everyone!! :)

I just thought I would pop in and introduce myself. I will having the RNY mid June after my son's high school graduation. I am a mom of three (my son being the youngest) and about to become a grandma (yaya) in September. :) I just turned 40 in December and am in process of completing all my preop requirements for my surgery. I live in Chesapeake, VA.

I am really looking forward to building a great support group and learning from everyone here.

Hope everybody is having a great day!!!

Katie

Replies

• risskie
    risskie Posts: 203 Member
    Options
    Welcome Katie,
    So many great people in this little group - some BEFORE, some Just AFTER and our 'Veteran' Years AFTER.

We have so much to share. Post your questions, suggestions, comments and worries as you approach your June date.

That's what's so great about this group - to coin a phrase ' Been There Done That' is what it's all about.

Again, welcome :drinker:

Christine (6 weeks out RNY)
  • LilyBugsMommy
    LilyBugsMommy Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    Hello everyone,

I am new to this group. I started with MFP in Feb/11 and was doing very well until I hit a health snare in June/11.
    Since then, I have gained back the 22lbs I had lost as well as a couple of extra pounds.

My doctor had referred me to the Weight Loss Clinic in Ottawa, Canada in Jan/11. I went for an info session in May/11.
    More recently, I had a meeting with the nursing team to discuss my medical history and I will be going for 3 more appts.
    on April 1/12-see dietician, behaviourist and have an abdominal scan done.

I believe that if they do offer me the surgery, which it sounds like they will, that I am going to do it.
    I am very scared of having the surgery, but, I believe it will help me.
    I am almost 39 years old and have been overweight since I was 10 years old.......I am tired of it.

I am hoping this will be what works for me. I know it will be a lot of work. I have talked to people that have had it completed about 2 years ago and also someone that had it done in Jan/12. I feel that I have a good understanding of what to expect from the surgery and long term.

I am here for support and to hear others experiences.
  • TraciLee36
    TraciLee36 Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    Welcome to our big family we are here to support you in everything that you do. Don't be afraid to ask anything
  • loribenfield
    loribenfield Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    It is natural to be a little afraid of the surgery. Once it is done and you have had a few days to recover you will decide it was all worth it.
  • tmalina
    tmalina Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Welcome and best of luck to you on your journey!
  • Yaya_71
    Yaya_71 Posts: 12
    Options
    Thanks for the welcome everyone :) I am so looking forward to a much different life!! :)
  • mSquared77
    mSquared77 Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    On this journey together! I'm 7 years post-op....feel free to add me as a friend, if you want. Not always an easy journey, but so much to learn from others and share support.