Day 4 of Round 2 and coffee pondering...

Options
How is everyone doing with this round of the challenge so far? I have to say, I am feeling great. Used 10 lb weights in upper body xtreme and I even got through about 95% of recovery lower today! Kept pace with Chris the whole way.

Replies

• mamakate3
    mamakate3 Posts: 28
    Options
    Whoops forgot the coffee part!!! I recently started cutting way down on coffee lately and decided to have a cup before my workout today. It was amazing how great I felt! Do any of you drink coffee before your workouts?
  • nutsy33
    nutsy33 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Great job! These workouts are much more fun with a supportive group. I don't drink coffee, sorry. Don't have any input on that. I do wish you lived closer because I would love to find someone to run with. Never did a 5k before, but it is a goal of mine. Anyway, that is a totally off the topic. Keep up the good work! And good for you for cutting back on your coffee!:smile::smile:
  • jamr753
    jamr753 Posts: 51
    Options
    Yes, I do...even during the last challenge when I was getting the 70-80 min workouts done around 10pm, I drank coffee before hand. It really helped me push through the workouts. And maybe because I was sweating so much it didn't keep me up when I went to bed. I'm enjoying this challenge 2.0 because the workouts are more managable and I went up to 8# weights...man I feel it! The scale hasn't moved yet but I look in the mirror and and really see a difference in areas. Hopefully the inches will keep coming off.... I'm starting to change my eating habits even more. I think that when spring starts to arrive, I kind of get into this less is more mode... think fresh strawberries! YUm!
  • mamakate3
    mamakate3 Posts: 28
    Options
    Oh I cant wait for spring!! (said as I watch the snowflakes fall in Buffalo) I am itching to get in my garden.
    I think drinking a little coffee or maybe black tea before workouts may become habit, I dont want to be addicted anymore but that felt too good to pass up yesterday!

nutsy33 (what are your first names by the way?) - that would be so great to have you as a running buddy! If you are ever in Buffalo we can go for a run :wink: My coworker asked if I wanted to be in the marathon relay in September and I immediately said yes, figuring it would be a great goal for this year!

-Kate :happy:
  • nutsy33
    nutsy33 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    HI Kate,

My name is Tracy. The closest I come to drinking coffee is a Starbucks frapp or Glroia Jeans chiller, so I try to stay far away from that! :wink: Great goal to have for the marathon relay! There is a 5k in my town in August. I just don't like to run in extreme heat. I probably just need to work through it and just do it! Have a great weekend!

-Tracy
  • misslyssa319
    misslyssa319 Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    i'm a caffeine junkie but not a coffee drinker. but i could throw back pepsi likes there's no tomorrow! :drinker:
  • Dxtreme45
    Options
    I love this round fo the challenge. I believe it may be the variety in the rotation this time. I generally drink my coffee after my workout. I have a whey protein shake with silk vanilla milk prior to my work out.

I've recently gotten into running using the C25K program. I wish I could find someone to do it with me. I'm thinking of starting a group with the women that are in my Zumba class. That is if they're interested.