DAY 6 CHALLENGE & AFFIRMATION

Options
ShawtyLatina
ShawtyLatina Posts: 160 Member
TGIF Wellness Warriors!

So we're almost near the end of our first week. You should be experiencing emotional detox symptoms and that is very, very normal. Irritability and feeling a little depressed and teary is part of the process (especially if you happen to have Aunt Flow visiting or for that matter, any other additional family members coming in for that visit. lol.). We've removed the food vices that covered our pain and the snacks that created a false sense of joy (for like thirty seconds). Yeahhh for us! Substances that make us numb and zone out are veils. Wear them on your wedding if you want, but not for the rest of your life. This cleanse promises that the clouds will clear very soon - but they will come back if we don't do some emotional weeding.

FOCUS
You! Put some time aside to rest and refresh today. Take stock of your week and please write in your diary's notes section about your challenges, your victories, and any tips that can help you in the weeks to come. Make sure to use kind language. When you're done 'scribbling,' go do something lovely for lovely you. If not today, plan it for the weekend. Mani? Rub? Walk? Tea with a fun friend? B-ball with your kid. Free time spent without food might leave you feeling, well, aimless. Fill it with experiences that can become wonderful memories. At the end of our lives, memories are all we have. Make lots of them!!

POSITIVE SELF TALK
May I be happy and free. May i be loving and loved. May i be healthy and whole.

AFFIRMATION
Each step is a victory. Each fall is a lesson. Either way, I am improving now.

GOD POD MAINTENANCE
Bring everything we learned this week together. Add in a few long, luxurious stretches after your exercise routine. And use the opportunity to throw in some meditation and some positive self talk while you're there. Include affirmations with every move. Touch your toes: I am flexible. Twist to the side: I am gutsy. Reach for the sky: I am expansive. Bend over backward: I am lean. Stand on your head: I am awesome!! After your stretch, take 10 min to sit in silence and absorb it all. Restate your affirmations. Own it. Believe it. Be it.

TIP
Shop. For spinach, not shoes. We have another big week ahead, and tomorrow is fasting day - prep for it sassy. Also, make sure you are drinking enough water, getting enough of the good fats, and chomping your greens. You shouldn't be hungry. Yes, you may be losing weight, but that's a side effect, not the main point. If you're a normal weight or on the thin side and feel you're losing too many pounds, add more nuts and seeds (whole or as butters), cooked grain, gluten-free bread, and other higher-calorie foods like avocados. If you're overweight, the CSD will bring your body into balance naturally.

PHYSICAL CHALLENGE
Push ups. 60 in total with awesome form. Don't worry about getting them all in at one time. Break them up if you have to. 30 in the AM, 30 in the PM. Or if you're ready for it, knock them out in one session. With every up and down motion, focus on how each rep is bringing you closer to your lighter and healthier you.

Good luck warriors! Till tomorrow... xxxooo

Replies