is everybody MIA?

Options
StrongGwen
StrongGwen Posts: 378 Member
I know NavyMustang is training for his 5K in Pensacola this weekend, but has everybody else given up? Posting progress is motivating, if you're doing good we all cheer, and if you're not we can boost you up! I'm stuck at a weight plateau for the 3rd week in a row which could be bumming me out if I let it, but I'm just keeping my head down and driving on. This is week 9 of my 12 week challenge and I'm not as consistent on workouts as I wish, but my body requires a bit more TLC at this age than I had anticipated. Very interested in doing one of these "Warrior Dash" things later in the year.

so, what's up with each of you?

Replies

• Skeemer118
    Skeemer118 Posts: 397 Member
    Options
    I joined the group actually out of interest before I ordered the book & started the program. I really never visit this board because no one is ever here that I can see. You are welcome to friend me so we can encourage one another. I'm on week 3 & got sick on Friday. SO...I've missed workouts & my free Saturday fell on over into today. :embarassed: I am going to start eating the way I should tomorrow & I hope to resume workouts on Tuesday. I've started HMB & Green Tea supplements at the encouragement of someone on the forums at BodyForLife.com. Hope you're doing well.
  • docsallen
    docsallen Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    Hello- I intended to follow a modified BFL program and it is very modified. I am following the diet pretty closely. In the beginning I followed the exercise program pretty closely as well. I then got Jillian Michaels 30DS and used that for 30 days, and ran on my cardio days. Since I finished the 30DS, I planned on taking a strength class 2 days/week and running 4 days/week. I have done well with the running; have had trouble fitting the strength training into my schedule. When I run, I do follow the intensity pattern outlined in the BFL book. I have lost 11 lbs; my mid-section is tighter (not tight); and I am running a 5 mile race at the end of the March and another in May. I plan to run a half-marathon in Sept. I am looking for other races/challenges that I can schedule for myself throughout the year to keep me motivated. Overall, the weight is not coming off as quickly as it did last time I did BFL; but I still think that this round is a success so far.
  • tinytimsummers
    tinytimsummers Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    Last month was not a good month for me, I didn't eat like I should have. But I am back at it now and since Jan 02 I have loss 22# so far. I am enjoying the workouts and I am moving up in weights on just about everything. Today is the lower body workout for me so I will be sore for the next couple of days, lol.
  • Navymustng
    Navymustng Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    I will make a point of remarking here at once a week, because there is limited BFL forums here on MyFITNESSPAL. I started it hoping that we would gain in numbers, and we have!!!! I am not as talkative and certainly not the greatest in spurring on the forum. Thanks to StrongGwen on keeping the forum going and fun. I have not held up to the BFL work out have not had alot of inputs to make to the program due to my lack of participation. I hope more will join and we can continue to have good dailogue here in the BFL forum. I agree that the BFL site BodyForLife.com. has superb support as well, and would love to have both resouorces as support groups. Also found a good one on FB.

thanks Don