Is 3 slices of bacon everyday safe?

2»

Replies

• celebrity328
    celebrity328 Posts: 377 Member
    I consume 5-6 slices a day an 2-4 eggs a day for the last 3 months and feel great :)!

I been reading Garys book good calories bad calories its very heavy reading but it shines alot of light on the SAD :)
  • peasantgirly
    peasantgirly Posts: 173 Member
    After reading this thread.....I know what I'm having for breakfast! :laugh:
  • TheVimFuego
    TheVimFuego Posts: 2,412 Member
    I consume 5-6 slices a day an 2-4 eggs a day for the last 3 months and feel great :)!

I been reading Garys book good calories bad calories its very heavy reading but it shines alot of light on the SAD :)

It sure is a top read, it was the first book I read on nutrition ... in retrospect it was plunging in at the deep end :)

Having read many other nutrition/metabolism books it also rewards a second reading as much of the detail is lost if you are going on cold, for me anyway.

If you have not seen "Sugar, The Bitter Truth" on YouTube I can recommend that too :)
  • TheVimFuego
    TheVimFuego Posts: 2,412 Member
    After reading this thread.....I know what I'm having for breakfast! :laugh:

And it ain't coming out of a cardboard packet :)

Really, how good are eggs and bacon?

Nature, you can't argue with it.
  • maremare312
    maremare312 Posts: 1,143 Member
    wikipedia is a good source of info: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bacon

Sorry, this is just bad advice for anything. Wikipedia is the opposite of a good source. If you tried to cite Wikipedia for a class or a scholarly article you'd be laughed out of the room. It's fine for a quick overview for something you're looking into, but not for nutrition advice or anything else important, look for scholarly reviews, articles sponsored by universities, written by experts on the subject, etc, not something that anybody can add to.
  • caraiselite
    caraiselite Posts: 2,631 Member
    i sometimes eat 6 or 7 pieces a day. bacon and eggs, bacon in salad, bacon on burgers.
    i've been too lazy to cook it lately though :P

bacon is the food of gods.