Hello Out there!!!!

Options
I am always looking to make friends on MFP that have the same journey I have. I would love to share eachothers stuggles and accomplishments. Therefore I thought I would make up a small group and give us some items to talk about.

Monday - Check In (how are you doing? Had any successes or struggles this week-end?)

Tuesday - Goals (do you have any Goals you want to update us?)

Wednesday - Wishes (what do you wish? It can be weight related or not, can be realistic or not)

Thursday - Truth (got anything you need to fess up to or get off your chest?)

Friday - Fitness (what are you doing to get fit?) How are you preparing for weekend eating?

Saturday - Success (what have you accomplished; focus on the positive of the week, NSV=non scale victories)

Sunday - Sharing (tell us a little about yourself!)

CHALLENGES FOR MARCH:

Challenges for March- You can choose what you want to participate in
-Weight loss- set your own pounds loss for the month
-Rest day- take a rest day from exercise at least once a week
-Exercise challenge- set your own amount of time that you want to exercise each week or calories burned
-Challenge yourself to learn a new exercise start small for example: using the half ball to improve balance start with 5 seconds and build, then try one foot etc.

Replies

• ALHicks
    ALHicks Posts: 145
    Options
    CHALLENGES FOR MARCH:

-Exercise challenge- set your own amount of time that you want to exercise each week or calories burned
    -Challenge yourself to learn a new exercise start small for example: using the half ball to improve balance start with 5 seconds and build, then try one foot etc.

My challenge for March is the following......
    - 15 pounds
    -I am shooting for 5 days a week for at least 45 minutes
    -I am going to try the half ball I mentioned above.
  • ceannesjourney
    Options
    I do like his idea but I'm concerned I'll forget to post regularly...On the day.

My goals are small right now...just trying todo regular movement this month. Walking every day. I don't do regular exercise right now, but do lots of stuff around the house, DIY, etc.

I don't like to set weight loss goals as I don't want to be discouraged if I don't make it.

I don't want to race through this as it took me a long Time to gain. I'll be the tortoise and make it one day. ;o)
  • smariere
    smariere Posts: 611 Member
    Options
    I am always looking to make friends on MFP that have the same journey I have. I would love to share eachothers stuggles and accomplishments. Therefore I thought I would make up a small group and give us some items to talk about.

Monday - Check In (how are you doing? Had any successes or struggles this week-end?)

Tuesday - Goals (do you have any Goals you want to update us?)

Wednesday - Wishes (what do you wish? It can be weight related or not, can be realistic or not)

Thursday - Truth (got anything you need to fess up to or get off your chest?)

Friday - Fitness (what are you doing to get fit?) How are you preparing for weekend eating?

Saturday - Success (what have you accomplished; focus on the positive of the week, NSV=non scale victories)

Sunday - Sharing (tell us a little about yourself!)

CHALLENGES FOR MARCH:

My NSV this week was stopping a binge before it got too out of control, and not allowing myself to feel guilty about it, which is a big accomplishment for me.

Challenges for March:
    I want to exercise for at least a half hour six times a week.
    My weight loss goal for March is 10 pounds.
    My challenge exercise is the side plank. (I'm so uncoordinated its not funny, so this is a hard challenge!)
  • Startraveller
    Options
    I am new to this and looking for friends and supporters. I have about 40 pounds that need to come off. I previously lost 62 pounds but gained about 30 back. I was ten pounds from my goal weight but the weight loss stalled and I became frustrated and of course, made myself feel better by eating. I'm not quite sure I can commit to daily activities and goals but the last time I lost weight, I did it with baby steps and figured I will do the same this time. My goal for March is to lose five pounds by the end of the month. I had a really good start as I just posted a weight loss of eight pounds a few days ago (yah me!) but that could be a combination of water and some fat.

I would appreciate finding friends that have had the same experience as I - lose, gain, lose, gain - how do we keep it off?
  • ALHicks
    Options
    I do like his idea but I'm concerned I'll forget to post regularly...On the day.

My goals are small right now...just trying todo regular movement this month. Walking every day. I don't do regular exercise right now, but do lots of stuff around the house, DIY, etc.

I don't like to set weight loss goals as I don't want to be discouraged if I don't make it.

I don't want to race through this as it took me a long Time to gain. I'll be the tortoise and make it one day. ;o)

My plan wasn't for everyone to get on every day I just though some of these were good to put out there for anyone who wanted to talk to the group and didn't know what to say. My plan for the group was really just to support each other and share information that has helped them. As for the goals I know that everyone is different I am a result oriented person so I work better in my personal and business life if I have something I am working towards. Plus I feel like the smaller goals keep me motivated rather then looking at the total amount of pounds I have to lose. I was in a seminar once that said 8/10 people fail to achieve their New Years Resolution because it always seems like such a big goal. Therefore the speaker recommended setting smaller goals so that you feel more accomplished.

Also more power to the tortoise. One of my favorite reptiles :)
  • ALHicks
    Options

My NSV this week was stopping a binge before it got too out of control, and not allowing myself to feel guilty about it, which is a big accomplishment for me.

Challenges for March:
    I want to exercise for at least a half hour six times a week.
    My weight loss goal for March is 10 pounds.
    My challenge exercise is the side plank. (I'm so uncoordinated its not funny, so this is a hard challenge!)

Way to go on your NSV!!!!!! That is a huge accomplishment in my book. I hate to ask what is a side plank. I am so new at the exercise things. Right now I stick to the machines like the treadmill and the eliptical. Everything still scares me. I am very uncoordinated myself.
  • ALHicks
    Options
    I am new to this and looking for friends and supporters. I have about 40 pounds that need to come off. I previously lost 62 pounds but gained about 30 back. I was ten pounds from my goal weight but the weight loss stalled and I became frustrated and of course, made myself feel better by eating. I'm not quite sure I can commit to daily activities and goals but the last time I lost weight, I did it with baby steps and figured I will do the same this time. My goal for March is to lose five pounds by the end of the month. I had a really good start as I just posted a weight loss of eight pounds a few days ago (yah me!) but that could be a combination of water and some fat.

I would appreciate finding friends that have had the same experience as I - lose, gain, lose, gain - how do we keep it off?

You just told my story to a tee. I have been overweight all my life and have battled the up and down rollercoaster. I lost 80 pounds and then found out I was pregnant with twin girls. After a hard pregnacy and then adjusting to being a new mom with two babies I let myself go. When I started this journey this time I was at my heaviest. So I understand the ups and down.
  • ALHicks
    Options
    Happy Saturday to all the new members :) I am so excited to meet some people who are on the same track I am. My NSV this week was finding the time to exercise. With two 4 year old girls, husband, dog, and 40+ hour a week job it is not always easy. However; I am learning to do something all mothers dream of. I have decided to make time for myself. For example I had to work today at 8:30 and rather then stay home till it was time to leave I woke up early and went to the gym. I feel so good after doing that.
  • LolaVaantz
    LolaVaantz Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    I suppose I should have read through all the posts before asking if there would be challenges!!!!
    OH well,
    SO, late night Saturday early Sunday and I am NOT going to go snack on the salty thing in my kitchen that I very much want right now. I did have home made juice for my sweet tooth which had stawberry, blackberry, and watermelon in it but before 8pm. I've got at least 100 pounds to lose, and that is with the 13 i've already taken off. I'm sort of excited for the day I can not count the amount left to lose with triple digits.
    :bigsmile:
  • Bunn11
    Bunn11 Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    Ok, my CHALLENGES FOR MARCH are

10lbs weight loss
    6hours a week
    C25k -bit of a cheat as started end of Feb but it's a 9wk programme &only did 2weeks in Feb
  • stoptheswelling
    stoptheswelling Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I had a great first day did a long walk for 900 cal. burn. I then had a little dinner and had a lot of cal's left. Then this morning got up had to much to eat many wrong foods and now only have half my cal base left for the day. This is why I am the way I am. I think with this plan I will be ok due to I know I only have a little food left. So I can eat more I will have to go to the gym.
  • ALHicks
    Options
    I had a great first day did a long walk for 900 cal. burn. I then had a little dinner and had a lot of cal's left. Then this morning got up had to much to eat many wrong foods and now only have half my cal base left for the day. This is why I am the way I am. I think with this plan I will be ok due to I know I only have a little food left. So I can eat more I will have to go to the gym.

That is the biggest thing for me is planning out what I am eating so I don't go way over on one meal and left to starve the rest of the day. If there is something big going on such as a date night or out to dinner I know that I need to hit the gym hard that day.
  • ALHicks
    Options
    Ok, my CHALLENGES FOR MARCH are

10lbs weight loss
    6hours a week
    C25k -bit of a cheat as started end of Feb but it's a 9wk programme &only did 2weeks in Feb

I wouldn't say you were a cheat. Nowhere on that program does it say you have to do it all in a row. I say good job for giving it a go. I am on week 4 of the Couch 2 5K app.
  • ALHicks
    Options
    I suppose I should have read through all the posts before asking if there would be challenges!!!!
    OH well,
    SO, late night Saturday early Sunday and I am NOT going to go snack on the salty thing in my kitchen that I very much want right now. I did have home made juice for my sweet tooth which had stawberry, blackberry, and watermelon in it but before 8pm. I've got at least 100 pounds to lose, and that is with the 13 i've already taken off. I'm sort of excited for the day I can not count the amount left to lose with triple digits.
    :bigsmile:

Good Idea on the juice I never thought of that to cure the sweet tooth. Good job on your challenge because that salty food calls to me.
  • ALHicks
    Options
    HAPPY SUNDAY EVERYONE!!!!!

I know Sunday was the day I said to share a little bit about ourselves so here goes. I am 28 yrs old and have twin daughters that are 4 years old. I have always been bigger and I finally have hit a point where I am just done. I want to enjoy life and show my children the healthy way to live. I know what it is like to be a big kid in school and I want to do my best to make sure they don't know what that is like. I would consider me a nice person with a big heart but once you cross me I am more guarded. I love to disc golf, do craft projects, run, and just enjoy the life God gave me.
  • smariere
    smariere Posts: 611 Member
    Options
    A side plank is when you go up on one arm and the side of your feet, keeping your body straight. I find it hard because it involves balancing all of your weight on a small surface area.
  • janet0513
    janet0513 Posts: 564 Member
    Options
    CHALLENGES FOR MARCH:

My challenge for March is the following......
    - 15 pounds
    -I am shooting for 5 days a week for at least 45 minutes
    -I am going to try the half ball I mentioned above.

My March Goals:
    - 15 pounds
    - 4x week and increase elliptical to 40 min each time
    - Adding ab workouts
  • ALHicks
    Options
    A side plank is when you go up on one arm and the side of your feet, keeping your body straight. I find it hard because it involves balancing all of your weight on a small surface area.

Oh I do know those and they are rough. Good challenge though. I will have to keep those in mind.
  • ALHicks
    Options

My March Goals:
    - 15 pounds
    - 4x week and increase elliptical to 40 min each time
    - Adding ab workouts

Well good for you and welcome to the group. You should check out the challenge for this week. I included abs into the mix.