NSV - List yours and be proud of the changes you are making.

Options
alimac92
alimac92 Posts: 705 Member
Hello Folks,

I for one do not loose weight every week.
This can be disheartening sometimes especially when I know I have worked extra hard. :explode:

So from time to time I'm going to list the visual changes I can see or that other people have pointed out.
This can be just as motivational as losing weight.

Please join me in listing your most recent or most happiest NSV 's ( non scale victory) :bigsmile:
There are no rules, It doesn't have to be since starting this challenge it can be from when you started MFP :happy:

My boots and shoes are loose!
My work trousers are loose and baggy.
Last week I bought a blouse 2 sizes smaller than normal!
My body shape looks different.
I have shoulder blades!
My belly looks and feels different. I think it's deflating. (memo to self: Time for sit ups and tummy toning)

My husband hugged me and I could feel the difference. ..... Yeah I have a waist!! :noway:

Have a great second week on the challenge! :flowerforyou:

Regards

Alison x

Replies

• Redhot46
    Redhot46 Posts: 86
    Options
    i can see my toes !
    my stomach is flatter
    my legs are really toned compared to what they were
    my skin is awesome

and on the humorous/ embarrassing side ..... my dentures got too loose and I had to go get them relined LOL (and my technichian couldn't believe it was me ... he said I looked like something out of a Jenny Craig commercial with the before and after photo LOL)
  • peachNpunkin
    peachNpunkin Posts: 1,010 Member
    Options
    I don't lose every week either. I gain alot of water weight, especially during TOM.

But:
    My butt has room in the back of my jeans.
    My panties look like I'm carrying extra stuff in them. LOL!!
    I can see my toes

On the down side:
    My boobies have gone from A cup to bearly there. Boo!
  • drmattski
    drmattski Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    Better workouts - just with 5 lbs down, I feel I am getting better cardio and strength trainign workouts. Swear I actually felt an Ab muscle today when doing crunches (when I'll see it is a different matter altogether! :noway: )

Seemed to have plateaued after the intial weight loss, but I definitely feel better, so that is a real plus :smile:
  • ice99706
    ice99706 Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    I was traveling this past week and didn't pack enough clothes so I went to Old Navy and bought a pair of jeans in my usual size. They are baggy, I have to pull them up all the time. WAHOO!

I didn't even think to look at another size. I think that I am worried that if I try another size, I might get disappointed that they will be too small. NOW I know better. I think I'm going to wait for a while though before I look at getting more clothes. I've got a few pair of jeans that used to fit that I will pull out of storage soon to see if they fit. Like I said, I'm afraid of disappointment so I will wait for a bit before I do that.
  • alimac92
    Options
    Because for some of us jeans are a staple wardrobe item it really means a lot when we go down in size!

Well done Ice99706 on your great NSV! :flowerforyou:
  • dianeellen2
    dianeellen2 Posts: 259 Member
    Options
    I am celebrating this week as i have just entred Onderland (only just at 199.6lb)

Recent NSV's
    Got to sort out my knickers drawer as i put a pair on on Sunday and realised they looked like an old nappy. They hung everywhere.
    My tummy looks like a popped balloon at the moment (note to self - more toning needed)
    Watch strap needs a link taking out
    Whilst doing the 'do' with hubby he said i was lots thinner and my waist looked great (sorry if too much information) but it sure made my day
    Tried on (and brought) a new pair of work trousers (formal black sort) in a size 16UK (i used to be a 24UK) been a 20UK for ages now but think i may have to rethink!

So for me this is a really good week

Diane
  • alimac92
    Options
    Lol, I loved your nappy comment. That made me laugh.
    Your Tmi also made me chuckle.
    Great NSV's!
  • Redhot46
    Redhot46 Posts: 86
    Options
    a had a real "moment" on the weekend

when i was outside chopping down a big bush with an axe ..... and i thought
    "oh my gosh ... I'm chopping down a bush with an axe ....................... OMG I'M IN THE GARDEN CHOPPING DOWN A BUSH WITH AN AXE" .... i never ever would have even got the axe out of the shed ..... but this version of me just DOES IT ....a bit like the Nike commercials I guess ...
    it was a real ah-ha moment for me though
    knowing I am stronger in more ways than I thought !!!
  • Fit4_Life
    Fit4_Life Posts: 828 Member
    Options
    Got my dress from Venus.com today. Got all dolled up wearing the black dress (http://www.venus.com/viewproduct.aspx?BRANCH=7~72~&ProductDisplayID=13552&dept=Venus+ClothingDresses&prod=belted+a-line+sweater+dress&sale=1) with 5" high heels. Needless to say, it was taken off within 5 minutes when my Fiancee walked through that front door. And what a NSV it was!!!! He jokingly said, I was not to wear that out. HA HA!!
  • alimac92
    Options
    Wow 5 inch heels oh my goodness!! :noway:
    My feet would cry if I got those out because they live in fitflop's boots and sandals. :cry:

There had to be a lot of thrusting out of boob and butt to get the balance right in those heels no wonder
    your fiancé confiscated your dress ha ha ha! :devil:

Sounds like you had fun and felt really happy.
    Great NSV!

:flowerforyou:
  • scmcgee
    scmcgee Posts: 165
    Options
    My NSV's so far........

I have lost 12 lbs so far since February 1st.
    My clothes are not feeling tight on me - Good thing..
    I just bought a new bra in January - I hate buying bras - but now it is too big - which is a good/bad thing. Damn bras are too expensive in my opinion.
    My wedding rings are no longer cutting off the circulation to my ring finger!
    I am eating fruit every day - that is amazing because I used to never eat fruit or vegatables. I try to get at least one salad a day now.

I think I can do this. Now my mini goal is to get under 200! I am 205 right now and I would really love to be under 200 by Easter - closer to 190. Oh well! I will keep at it.
  • alimac92
    Options
    A quite unexpected cheeky NSV this morning.

Possibly TMI for the men folk :noway: lol...but anyway....

This morning... in the shower

in a refelection I saw my Non-Brazallian Girlfriend for the first time in ages. :devil:

Which mean my spare tyre has a puncture Hurrah!!! :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile:
  • ice99706
    ice99706 Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    I went to try on dresses for my friends wedding that is coming up in June. I was asked what size pants I wear so that they can get sample dresses for me.Our consultant brought 4 and said that one was a smaller size and that she would hold the back closed for me when I tried it on so that I could see what that style would be like on me.

Well, we saved that dress for last and guess what! A size 16 zipped up with no problem!!
    I went to a banquet last fall and bought a size 20. I was on Cloud 9 all day!

It is sooo the boost that I needed to keep moving on this journey to health.

Thank you folks, for your support and encouragement.
  • alimac92
    Options
    Well done Ice99706. What a great feeling!
    You really deserve that reward you have worked hard to lose the weight and regain your shape.

Keep up the good work :flowerforyou:
  • drmattski
    drmattski Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    Fit into my old "new" pants again - I bought a few years ago before I put on weight. Like having a new wardrobe!