Bulletproof Coffee

Options
2»

Replies

• MikeFlyMike
    MikeFlyMike Posts: 639 Member
    Options
    healthiest. Can't give a brand recommendation. Even my DR recommends buying high altitude single source beans (hard to find). I haven't gone this far, but you can buy the beans green unroasted and home roast them. (wife thinks I'm going over the edge when I say I want a smoker for jerky AND a roaster to make my own coffee). Google mold free coffee beans and you can find some good sources.

laughed when I saw this topic reemerge because I literally just made a double dose of butter coffee for breakfast, and posted it on facebook. The owner of my kickboxing studio then replied....

Her: You better be working out tonight..... Butter coffee????

Me: 1/2 stick of butter IN my coffee - it is the secret to my success.

Her: I think I just puked in my mouth!!!!! GROSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!
  • LivingFitNC
    LivingFitNC Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    I absolutely love it- been doing BP green tea or coffee for a week now. Got my bullet blender yesterday. I only use 1 tbsp of MCT oil right now as I am on a PSMF so limiting the fat but I love the taste and the solid, no crash energy is gives me since i fast 18/6. I don't do dairy because, as someone else mentioned, it triggers mad cravings- even ghee so I use pure MCT oil from NOW brand.
  • KBGirts
    KBGirts Posts: 882 Member
    Options
    Wow I want to try this!
  • ResilientWoman
    ResilientWoman Posts: 440 Member
    Options
    Does anyone have any anecdotal evidence (even if it is only your own) of Coconut oil vs. MCT?
  • impyimpyaj
    impyimpyaj Posts: 1,073 Member
    Options
    I'm working my way toward "real" bulletproof coffee, so this morning I made it with coconut milk instead of oil and added some cinnamon. And the butter, of course. So good. I need a real blender, because my food processor doesn't pour well. I made a mess. But it was worth it.
  • beckkotsch
    beckkotsch Posts: 482 Member
    Options
    I need to try this tomorrow!
  • MikeFlyMike
    Options
    Right on - I will skip the MCT if I am out also. Haven't tried the cinnamon
  • impyimpyaj
    impyimpyaj Posts: 1,073 Member
    Options
    Right on - I will skip the MCT if I am out also. Haven't tried the cinnamon

I like cinnamon in my coffee anyway. It's just good. As an added bonus, blending it solved the gritty, floating cinnamon problem.
  • overfences
    overfences Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    I've been putting coconut oil in my coffee for a few years now. Awesome stuff! Supposed to help with brain fog. ;)

I never thought about adding butter, will do that next!
  • MikeFlyMike
    Options
    make sure to try to get organic sweet cream unsalted.
  • mfpcopine
    mfpcopine Posts: 3,093 Member
    Options
    I have been making it for the past week or so. However, I have only put 1T of unsalted butter in about 16oz of coffee.

I finally found Kerrygold unsalted butter and I used only 1 tablespoon in about that amount of coffee as well. I thought that more would be pushing it for a woman my size. I'm using it for Intermittent Fasting.