What do you eat?

Options
Jessica1274
Jessica1274 Posts: 363 Member
After planning out my meals and snacks for the day, I still have 800 calories I need to eat. I know I could easily find ways to eat them, but eating pie or cookies to get calories seems, well, wrong. Yeah, I know I could eat some nuts, cheese, fruit, but honestly, I can only snack on the same things so much before I just don't want anything. So...

What kind of things DO you eat? Do you eat the same things all the time? Do you ever eat "junk" to make up calories?

Replies

• gemiwing
    gemiwing Posts: 1,525 Member
    Options
    Define 'junk'? I love chocolate- chocolate ain't junk! ;)

I eat eggs, nuts, full fat dressings, olive oil, butter, red meat, specially designed meal replacement shakes (600 cals), I bought a bunch of nuts to put on everything I eat, I like pretzels to snack on sometimes.

The biggest hurdle I had was to avoid 'diet' food and go for real, whole fat, whole calorie foods again. Hard to wrap our brain around- but it works to get the cals up there and fuel ourselves right.
  • Jessica1274
    Options
    Define 'junk'? I love chocolate- chocolate ain't junk! ;)

I eat eggs, nuts, full fat dressings, olive oil, butter, red meat, specially designed meal replacement shakes (600 cals), I bought a bunch of nuts to put on everything I eat, I like pretzels to snack on sometimes.

The biggest hurdle I had was to avoid 'diet' food and go for real, whole fat, whole calorie foods again. Hard to wrap our brain around- but it works to get the cals up there and fuel ourselves right.

Lol! Chocolate is my favorite! I guess what I mean is things loaded with carbs or sugary things. Those things are my favorites, and my weakness. I love to snack on pretzels, breakfast cereals, chocolate pudding, chocolate pie, cookies. I realize some of those are worse than others.

I'm just getting a little obsessed over the protein/carb thing. And I can only eat so many almonds, peanut butter, and cottage cheese!
  • gemiwing
    Options
    Lol! Chocolate is my favorite! I guess what I mean is things loaded with carbs or sugary things. Those things are my favorites, and my weakness. I love to snack on pretzels, breakfast cereals, chocolate pudding, chocolate pie, cookies. I realize some of those are worse than others.

I'm just getting a little obsessed over the protein/carb thing. And I can only eat so many almonds, peanut butter, and cottage cheese!

Whew! Chocolate is safe! :D

I guess I'm a bit of and odd bird in this respect- but I don't classify any food as 'good' or 'bad'.. It's just food. So if I want to eat a donut and have the room in my macros- then I eat it. No harm no foul. I have ice cream almost every day and it hasn't harmed me yet :) Each person is so different- so I know some friends can't eat any of it.. and that's sad :( A life with no ice cream? Dunno if I could take it!

What's up with the protein/carb issue? Having trouble with your macros?

I hate peanut butter- there I said it! lol I do like nuts tho- but one thing I've found that's helping me is to view snacks differently. Meat can be a snack. I keep thinking of snack foods as having to be different than regular meals y'know? When really- they could just be a very small meal. Still working on that one :D
  • Jessica1274
    Options

Whew! Chocolate is safe! :D

I guess I'm a bit of and odd bird in this respect- but I don't classify any food as 'good' or 'bad'.. It's just food. So if I want to eat a donut and have the room in my macros- then I eat it. No harm no foul. I have ice cream almost every day and it hasn't harmed me yet :) Each person is so different- so I know some friends can't eat any of it.. and that's sad :( A life with no ice cream? Dunno if I could take it!

What's up with the protein/carb issue? Having trouble with your macros?

I hate peanut butter- there I said it! lol I do like nuts tho- but one thing I've found that's helping me is to view snacks differently. Meat can be a snack. I keep thinking of snack foods as having to be different than regular meals y'know? When really- they could just be a very small meal. Still working on that one :D

I can't imagine a life without ice cream either! It would be awful!

I recently adjusted my macros to 40/30/30. I'm so used to the 55/15/30, I am just really having to work at making the adjustment.
  • gemiwing
    Options

I recently adjusted my macros to 40/30/30. I'm so used to the 55/15/30, I am just really having to work at making the adjustment.

Ohhh yeah- that's a big adjustment! I have PCOS so my carbs are a bit lower and the first week I was like "OH NO! THERE IS NO MORE FOOD I CAN EAT!!" lol Changing my dairy helped- I get my dairy from coconut milk and that has less carbs. Upping the protein is SO much easier with a protein shake- but you already asked about that. I skip corn, nothing is breaded.

It does help I'm allergic to wheat lol A lot less to contend with :D
  • Jessica1274
    Options

Ohhh yeah- that's a big adjustment! I have PCOS so my carbs are a bit lower and the first week I was like "OH NO! THERE IS NO MORE FOOD I CAN EAT!!" lol Changing my dairy helped- I get my dairy from coconut milk and that has less carbs. Upping the protein is SO much easier with a protein shake- but you already asked about that. I skip corn, nothing is breaded.

It does help I'm allergic to wheat lol A lot less to contend with :D

Well, I wouldn't want to be allergic to wheat, but I guess it makes low carb a little easier. :)
  • ANewLucia
    ANewLucia Posts: 2,081 Member
    Options
    Feel free to look at my dairy...I love to eat and log every bit of it.
  • Jessica1274
    Options
    Feel free to look at my dairy...I love to eat and log every bit of it.

Thanks, I will!
  • trishadams
    trishadams Posts: 104 Member
    Options

What kind of things DO you eat? Do you eat the same things all the time? Do you ever eat "junk" to make up calories?

I find myself in the same situation very often. I love to snack on tortilla chips & guacamole, dark chocolate covered almonds, etc. not super clean, but not horrible either. For a cleaner snack, low fat cottage cheese is perfect before bed as it has casein and will supply your muscles with protein through the night. Mix in chia seeds, sunflower seeds, chopped apple or even nuts. I also love baked goods like brownies and cake. Having a couple of Jamie Eason's protein bars usually satisfies. Nut butter mixed with raisins on celery is great when you want sweet/salty and a little crunch. I would say check my diary, but I'm leaning toward not so clean these days :)
  • trishadams
    trishadams Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    Also, salsa is good mixed with cottage cheese, too:happy:
  • JadeRabbit08
    JadeRabbit08 Posts: 551 Member
    Options
    I am lactose and gluten intolerant. So I do live without icecream!. I dont usually have packaged foods and most processed stuff is off my list as everyone seems to want to add gluten!

I have been meeting my calorie goals at eating 1800. 2100 is a bit more of a challenge. My diary is open if you want to have a look.

Oh yeah Chia seeds are good high calorie have protein and lots of good stuff.
  • Jessica1274
    Options
    I am lactose and gluten intolerant. So I do live without icecream!. I dont usually have packaged foods and most processed stuff is off my list as everyone seems to want to add gluten!

I have been meeting my calorie goals at eating 1800. 2100 is a bit more of a challenge. My diary is open if you want to have a look.

Oh yeah Chia seeds are good high calorie have protein and lots of good stuff.

Okay, your LOTR style diary made me lol! Love it!

Tofutti? Is that tofu? I'm really ignorant when it comes to tofu and "different" type foods.
  • Jessica1274
    Options
    Also, salsa is good mixed with cottage cheese, too:happy:

That does sound good. :)