Large Runner

Options
Kwika
Kwika Posts: 145 Member
Hi, I am a large runner. I am at least close to 100 pounds overweight. I have run several small races and one half marathon. I have had two knee surgeries and need to lose weight to keep the health of my knees going so I can continue to run for as long as I can. I would appreciate all the support I can get from members of this group and some new friends in the process. It is much easier if we all have support to help us through the good and bad times.

Replies

• cristacoyote
    cristacoyote Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    I am also 100 pounds over weight and signed up for a half marathon in October. I never ran before. I'm going to start out small distances and work my way up. You can add me as a friend, it will be helpful to compare exercises with another runner in training
  • cristacoyote
    cristacoyote Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    I am also 100 pounds over weight and signed up for a half marathon in October. I never ran before. I'm going to start out small distances and work my way up. You can add me as a friend, it will be helpful to compare exercises with another runner in training
  • ALHicks
    ALHicks Posts: 145
    Options
    Hi, I am a large runner. I am at least close to 100 pounds overweight. I have run several small races and one half marathon. I have had two knee surgeries and need to lose weight to keep the health of my knees going so I can continue to run for as long as I can. I would appreciate all the support I can get from members of this group and some new friends in the process. It is much easier if we all have support to help us through the good and bad times.

Great for you. I have over 100 pounds to lose and have just started the Couch 25K program. I love to run and anyone who can do marathons are an inspiration to me.