Recommitting to Medifast

Options
starsnyc21
starsnyc21 Posts: 436 Member
Has anyone out there stopped and restarted Medifast with success. I've been off plan for a little over a month now. However I feel like I've tried it my way and it didn't work. Now I need to go back to what works however I'm having a tough time with the cravings and portion control. I know it’s a mental thing but how did you recommit yourself to the program after a break.

Plus I have all this Wonderslim product. Should I ditch this stuff and stick strictly to Medifast meals? Would that put me in the right frame of mind. I’m rambling but it’s crazy. HELP!!!

Replies

• marjolycookie
    marjolycookie Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    Hey there, I can't really answer this since I just started Medifast a few weeks ago. So far it seems to be working, but my biggest fear is that when it's time to transition off, I will do something wrong and end up putting the weight back on. Did you follow their recommendations for transitioning off?

I know for the first few days after I started the program I did have a few cravings. I spread out my meals to put more of them when I tend to be hungrier and have the lean & green whenever I am hungriest (usually lunch, sometimes dinner). As far as portions, I find 3 servings of vegetables plus 5+ oz of meat is a huge meal and keeps me satisfied for hours. The other thing I did to help stop cravings was have the ready to go meals if I got a hunger pain. No point in waiting to grill something, or waiting to put it in the oven, if you've already got the munchies. That's where the shakes and bars came in really handy for me.
  • jeepie98
    jeepie98 Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    I have recommitted recently after being off plan for awhile. What worked for me was splitting my lean & green between lunch & dinner. Also if you like eggs & eggbeaters, I had for dinner 2 eggs with 1 cup eggbeaters with veggies a couple times week. Makes a huge portion! If you feel like you are going to go off plan you are better off having another MF meal or a bit more protein,

If you need support please feel free to friend me! Also go to the website & read read read! they are so supportive!
    I've never done Wonderslim so I can't help you with that sorry....

You can do this! Good luck!
  • starsnyc21
    Options
    I didn't transition off. I basically figured if I could find products similar to Medifast nutritional value than I could eat anything I want and have the same results. That was not the case. What ended up happening is, I open the door to bad eating even though initially I was watching the nutritional value of the food. I'm back on plan today. Day one but I’ve just learn that I’m not ready to open myself open to any kind of food just yet.

Thanks for the advice:flowerforyou:
  • cm1479
    cm1479 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    I ate in moderation through the holidays and gained 4 pounds. December 26, I started again and have lost 18 lbs. I ditched myfitnesspal and I now paper journal again with doing EXACTLY as the program suggests. Its do-able. I feel that myfitness pal can make you over-think if you are getting enough food or etc. Pull out your old 5:1 book and just stick to whatever is inside it.
    You can do it. :)
  • DQMD
    DQMD Posts: 193
    Options
    The nice part about Medifast is that you can pick it up again. Granted it is harder the 2nd, 3rd or 4th time around. You just have to white knuckle through the first few days and get to the fatburning stage. My biggest hurdle is wine. I have been drinking to much of it. I need to stop drinking wine on the weekends..it is making it not work so good.

Also I have had mostly shakes or drinks today. Eating the brownies and soft bake make it go to quick.

Tonight I am having 2 cups of egg whites and steamed broccoli. I need a break from meat someimtes...and egg whites fill me up.
  • starsnyc21
    Options
    White knuckling through the first few days is exactly what needs to be done. I have to be so determine that I feel like I'm pushing through a work out. It's day 2 and so far so good. Yesterday I went slightly over. Got a case of the late night munchies so I had a extra meal and deviled eggs...UGH! Well I'm just going to push my hardest. I know once I get the first initial weight loss it will be game on again. I'm only 3 lbs up from where I ended but I feel like I wasted a whole month with no loss.

Thanks again everyone for your insight and support.

@CM1479 - Did you have a big loss your first week back on plan? When I first started MF I loss 9lbs, I'm wonder if you every have a big weight loss like that again.
  • DQMD
    DQMD Posts: 193
    Options
    I understand believe me. My stomach is killing me today...and in a few days that pain will go away. I just keep pushing the water because that will help detox my body of the bad. I need to have the same dedication and will power that I had when I started. I hit goal already once and binged up some. I caught it before it got out of control..(thankfull).
  • paula_on_a_mission
    Options
    RE: WS products I would not just ditch them, even though they are cheaper that is money you can reward yourself with an new outfit for that new body!! If you are going to be MF 100% on plan I would just incorporate the WS stuff into my day so that your end of the day numbers are where they should be! Which could take a little planning so maybe you should take a few hrs one day and do just that...plan a menu out. BTW how do their products compare taste wise? I was actually considering ordering some of the products like the puddings and snacks. I have a bunch of MF stuff Im not so interested in like cappuccino and stuff if maybe you would want to trade. let me know and good luck whatever you decide
  • starsnyc21
    Options
    I've been incorprating the WS products into my diets everyday and I still managed to be down. I don't have much left so I'm just going to finish them, I already re-order Medifast meals. Very excited to be back on plan. I finally moved past my weight that I've been stuck at for a month. It feel good:smile:
  • Stacivogue
    Stacivogue Posts: 325 Member
    Options
    I am the queen of restarting medifast, it seems. I have gone off 3x because I've had a rough winter with my adorable little petrie dish of a 22 month old. i definitely went off the deep end more than i would before i started medifast. I think what happens is that I feel like it's my last chance to eat anything before i got back fully on plan. it takes 2 or 3 days for me to really make it through the whole day without cheating.

But i've done it 4 times. I've never had a big weight loss - except this time - it's really weird. I've never lost more than 2 lbs a week, but this week i lost 5? I don't know. I gained 10 over 2 weeks so that was a bit dispiriting. Mainly, i just stick to the bars and have a salad at lunch with some egg whites in it. I try very hard to save one bar for right before bed, so i don't wake up hungry in the middle of the night. I'm definitely white knuckling it through the first few days. Blogging helps. But you can check out my blog - i've pretty much documented all of the times i've gone off of it since october.

My "Progress" graph looks a little like a patient on life support.

Anyway, i haven't tried wonderslim. Another thing that I found helpful is to get something really good like lobster or sea bass the first couple of days on - it is a nice meal to look forward to. Also, you could try the reward system - book a facial or massage for a week out - and if you stay on plan - go for it. If you cheat, cancel the appointment.
  • amuchison
    amuchison Posts: 274 Member
    Options
    So first off Congrats on your weightloss so far!!!! And for making the CHOICE to rededicate yourself to u to your health and as u see Medifast is designed to work all on its own when u try to invent the wheel it dosent work...Also I wonder r u working with a health coach I feel that had u asked wether or not to do this by w coach or Nutritional Support it would have saved u from the last month..but all is said n done and u r doing a Great thing by starting over and staying OP;) I am also a startover chic myself I do believe Wed was my 7/8th time going off plan in the 6 months I have been on it will be 7 months on TSFL on March 20th;) and I have still managed to lose 81lbs to date;) For me everytime I have gone off its been not as hard to get back on well the mindset because I'm so pissed that I made a Choice to go off plan there r n cheats this is not a game we all know exactly what we r doing when we choose to go off plan...I also think about the fact that had I stayed 100% I would be at goal weight by now!! I started at 268lbs on 8/20/11 and as of 3/16/12 I am 186.6 my goal weight is 150 I also now look at the fact that despite my choices I am still avg 2.8lbs a week loss!! Now imagine that could be 4-5lbs a week loss if I was 100% all the time!! Lol I find for me I am still working on the habit of stress eating and so.through therapy and having a go to list for what to do when I am stresses beyond eating as well as rewarding myself is helping...we didn't build these habits overnight and they will not change overnight but take Hardwork and dedication to change 100% Am I there yet no..but a weird NSV when I did go off plan yesterday and made the choicr to have 3 chicken wings and 3.5 shortbread cookies it was not due to stress and I simply wanted them and decided to have them and for the first time didn't beat myself up over it and yesterday got back 100% OP...well except for the 8 almonds over and cheese wedge and 1/2tsp of peanut butter...again a choice...but I dropped from 187.8 to 186.6 in 1 day.. and on to 100% today n everyday after and when I make it 4 days I will reward myselg with $5 in my savings to go shopping for my homecoming dress...now going by my avg which for now is 2.8lbs a week I won't be at goal by then but darn close!;) U have to find what works for u and motivates u to keep going and read Dr. A's Habits of Health and get the workbook I will start back reading it today and The Secret is Out The Medifast Diet or something like that title..lol the book is downstairs because it totally helps to keep my mind and not my mouth occupied as well start to view this as a lifestyle change not w diet and u r basically being weened on to food again because we were taught how to eat incorrectly so when u t done with the weightloss phase them I can graduate to dairy,fruits,higher carb veggies,etc U have to.crawl before u can walk and u r learning how to crawl on Medifast and have to get the habits of health changed or close to it and learn other habits such as measuring out foods STARSNYC if u will message me your email address I will forward u a approved veggie chart u should really weigh your veggies u get more than u think!! As well as your lean meats...this is all habit measure everything u put in your mouth and what's great u only have to do that one meal a day!!! Habits building to eat 6 meals a day on your own;) So keep up the great work chica!! Also if u don't already have your diary open..I would open it so u can get help from the Medifast vets also it helps to just go simple and log on paper like CM said as well if u log through TSFL or Mymedifast your health coach and Nutritional Support can help u when u get in a jam..by telling u exactly what u need to do..go back to the basics and just stick to the 5 n 1 I lost 24.6 lbs my first month doing this and I need to do it again I have never had a better month than that not yet anyway...month 7 will be great bring it on!! March 20-April 20!! Let's see what I can do;) Also when u start to exercise after 3 weeks and DONOT exercise before read your exercise guide u can download it online they r there for a reason..okay that's a lot said and probably all over the place...but bottom line U can do this if U choose to;)