What exercises are killing you? + ? about weights

izzygetsbizzy
izzygetsbizzy Posts: 37 Member
I just completed my 4th day od the video and admittedly, the workouts are getting easier. I am still struggling on the push ups, anterior lunges and bicycle crunches. I also noticed that my 5lb weights feel very easy to move during the exercises. Should I move up to 8lbs? Or perhaps I should only use the 8lbs for the weight exercises I need more of a challenge in (chest flys, squat press)?

What exercises are you struggling with? What size weights is everyone using? Most importantly, what sports bra (ladies) are you all using????:tongue:

-Izzy

Replies

• logicandlove
    logicandlove Posts: 191 Member
    The anterior raises absolutely kill me, as do the sit ups. I try to do as many as I can fully extended, but it's rough. I also use 5 pound weights, and I know I couldn't raise them for all the exercises. I might for the chest flys though, because they're not all that challenging.

Also, my sports bra is from lucy; I believe they're still having a sale on two of their bras right now. They're super pricey, but when they have sales it's usually ok
  • NubianSpirit
    NubianSpirit Posts: 101 Member
    i find that the exercises that use a lateral raise (straight out in front) are harder for me than any of the other arm exercises. on the pushups, i do about half "advanced' and about half on my knees (through both sets). i push myself to take it as far as i can, but also wimp out a bit because i know that there is more coming. :wink:

on the sports bra front (if i may be so bold), based on your profile pic i am guessing that you have a bit more to support. my running buddy is a DD and she actually goes to a specialty bra shop for both her daily use bras and her running bras. she goes through the whole fitting process to get the right one. when going through website she has had a little trouble in finding the right fit - if you can't go in for a fitting, i'd advise checking with some online retailers and seeing what their return policy is so that you can get a bra that fits you well. i about a c myself, and i like to keep the girls restrained as much as possible when i'm running (i hate bouncing, it makes me really uncomfortable). athleta/lululemon has a line of bras available with designations on which are better for girls who require a little more support - like logicandlove posted, they are a little bit more pricey than some other bras out there.
  • NubianSpirit
    NubianSpirit Posts: 101 Member
    ok, one more thing on the bra subject...

i was looking through ideeli bc i just signed up and they had some fitness stuff listed. in the sports bra photos the same model was used for several pics, in most she was your typical looking victoria's secret type model with maybe b-ish size breasts. then in another her clevage grew significantly and she was sporting a lovely set of c-pluses (go photoshop) ... my point here dear shredders ... when it comes to sports bras, you HAVE TO try them on and jump around a bit (but not enough to work up a sweat).

on my last significant online sports bra purchase i ordered 2 sizes and returned one. i did the jump test that i mentioned above and kept the smaller of the 2 even though by the size chart listed i should have worn the larger one. based on that experience, i'd say that the ordering of 2 sizes is pretty common since i had zero issues when i scheduled the return.

now if only there were a smiley with boobs... :flowerforyou: