Color Me Rad 5k Hartford May 26th

Options
MotivateMeg
MotivateMeg Posts: 110 Member
I came across this today and it just seems like the coolest idea, so I am signing my family up for it.

www.colormerad.com

Replies

• jessicaj_824
    jessicaj_824 Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    That does look fun. Is there a charity involved? I couldn't fins any mention on the website.
  • DarkAngellEyes
    DarkAngellEyes Posts: 335 Member
    Options
    I just heard about this 5K this past weekend! Looks like a ton of fun! My husband and I are definitely signing up!

As far as the charity goes - I'm pretty sure this supports the local YMCA. I think I read that somewhere on the website...
  • MotivateMeg
    Options
    They basically choose a charity in the area. I don't think it's ever the same one.
  • MotivateMeg
    Options
    Today's Hartford Groupon has discounted registration for this too, FYI.
  • MotivateMeg
    Options
    I just heard about this 5K this past weekend! Looks like a ton of fun! My husband and I are definitely signing up!

As far as the charity goes - I'm pretty sure this supports the local YMCA. I think I read that somewhere on the website...

My hubby and I signed up for the 9:10 start time. Our team name is The Zombies! :)
  • gdr1976
    gdr1976 Posts: 460 Member
    Options
    I'll be in the 915 group..Team Lifesavers
  • scraver2003
    scraver2003 Posts: 528 Member
    Options
    9:05 (I think!) Team "The Dabates" This run looks like so much fun! I can't wait.
  • wo1wendy
    wo1wendy Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    I am planning on doing this too with my daughter and some friends. I started a jogging program since I have never jogged (any distance) before and I am not signing up until I am closer to the time. My group I believe is starting at 915 though. I will have to double check this.
  • wo1wendy
    Options
    Just signed up for this :) 9:20 Wave. Team To Bad So Rad. None of us are runners but we are going to give it our best :)
  • MotivateMeg
    Options
    Nice! My husband and I are 'The Zombies' 9:10 wave. I am also volunteering from 9a-3p on Friday at the Packet PickUp. :)
  • wo1wendy
    Options
    We changed our time to be able to go with some friends that are also going. We are now in the 9:10 :)
  • gdr1976
    gdr1976 Posts: 460 Member
    Options
    Had a great time!! Can't wait to do it again.
  • MotivateMeg
    Options
    So did we! :)
  • starbucksbuzz
    starbucksbuzz Posts: 466 Member
    Options
    Haha I was there with a couple friends!! Next time we should all group up!
  • vegamy
    vegamy Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    I came across this today and it just seems like the coolest idea, so I am signing my family up for it.

www.colormerad.com

It was so fun!! :-) And it made for a very colorful shower afterwards - the blue just wouldn't come off ;-)