low calorie bread

Options
Hi,

I love fresh bread rolls, but sorry only like white. Unfortuntely not into the wholegrain thing.

Bakers Delight long white rolls but are 179 in calories.
Aldi - Bakers Life - White Sliced Bread Toasted, 72 g-2 slices = 179 calories

Does anyone know of any white bread brand that is lower in calories, especially the rolls from the bakeries. I can't eat bread unless its baked fresh that day or before. Just extremely fussy..lol

Replies

• da_sammit
    da_sammit Posts: 238 Member
    Options
    no sorry i dont.. i just work the cals into my limit if i want to have some bread
  • Alkirra
    Alkirra Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    Totally agree with the previous poster, if your addicted to the stuff then work it into your calorie day = More exercise or eat less good food :)
  • brunettesrule
    Options
    Thanks, I'm not addicted to the stuff, just trying to find lower cal bread for lunch.
  • fragilegift
    fragilegift Posts: 347 Member
    Options
    I had a look see in the database and found Woolworths white bread is 147cals for two slices, and Bakers delight Low Gi white bread roll is 158.

Weight watchers white loaf bread (no clue if we get it here) is reportedly 90cals for two slices.

Wonder Bread, classic white is 70cals per slice. Not sure if that is *our* wonder bread though.

Your best bet would probably to make it yourself without oil/butter.
  • jarrodc
    jarrodc Posts: 102
    Options
    Unfortunately I don't think what you're looking for exists, unless you want to try something like mountain bread which can be as low as 60 calories per piece, but it is only 30g and it's extremely thin an breaks easy... So I'm just guessing you may not like it.
  • it_be_asin
    it_be_asin Posts: 562 Member
    Options
    Wattle valley lite white wraps are around 100 cal per wrap, and far less fragile than mountain bread.

I love goodness superfoods barley wraps but they are for the brown bread appreciators... also around 100 cal per wrap. They taste awesome with cottage cheese.