Thanks to Nannabanana for inviting me to join!

Options
BunnynKC
BunnynKC Posts: 4 Member
I'm not yet over the target age, but my 60th is fast approaching. I've lost 25 pounds over the past 10 months, but I'm struggling now. I keep telling myself this whole journey is about developing a healthy lifestyle so I can enjoy my retirement and that weight loss is a bonus. But, I love to cook, and I do love well prepared food.

I track my journey and try to give encouragement to others in my blog http://ifoundmythrilloverthehill.blogspot.com/. I would be interested in hearing some of your stories about how you stay motivated.

Thanks again for the invite. Looking forward to "meeting" some of you!!

Replies

• issyfit
    issyfit Posts: 1,077 Member
    Options
    Welcome Bunny and congrats on your fantastic loss!
  • Desperate12
    Options
    Hi Bunny,

Motivation must come from within you! I have been struggling for a few years now to keep my weight off-still trying to move a few more pounds!!!!

My husband and I have decided if it looks good and taste good; IT MUST BE BAD FOR YOU:sad:

I read motivational articles on- line and I have several co-workers that are trying to develop the lifestyle change (and it is a lifestyle).

It is a daily (no moment to moment) process!!!

Hang in there!!!!
  • nannabannana
    Options
    Yes it is a moment by moment lifestyle change. I finally gave up my French Vanilla coffee creamer...it was holding me down. A lifestyle change...we all want it..we all deserve it, only if we keep plugging at it and want it sooooo bad for ourselves because we deserve to be the best we can be.