Season 2 - Episode 13 - Beside the Dying Fire (03/18/12) Sea

Options

Replies

• Rjdj3530
    Rjdj3530 Posts: 154
    Options

The thing that made Shane so agressive was the Lori-virus, not the zombie virus.

AMEN!! She is a drama queen. I still say if she had handled that situation better it might not have turned so tragic!

Rick did sound like a douche but it's the pressure of the responsibility he has that is getting to him. I don't blame him either for keeping the "big secret". I would have wanted to see more proof myself before freaking everyone out!
  • bayertablets
    bayertablets Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    I was very surprised, however, that they must have discussed off screen meeting up back at the highway where they left the stuff for Sophia.
    I didn't think this was so odd... nobody (but T-Dog) was okay with being in separate groups after leaving the farm, and the Sophia car was the only other meeting place they've ever had in that area. I felt like it was a logical place for them to all wait for each other, and that they didn't necessarily have to have had a prior conversation about it.
  • Mina133842
    Mina133842 Posts: 1,573 Member
    Options
    no kidding- the CDC guy was all alone in there and was going mental anyway - and they just met the guy, who almost didn't let them in the building in the first place, so why take what he says as the honest truth?

I also liked the line Herschell said about the risen dead- that was pretty sweet.
  • deftanker
    deftanker Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    Anybody else think that Rick sounds a little bit like Shane there at the end? Wondering if it's a result of what he's been through or changes to his brain from the virus.

No, I haven't read the story, so just speculating.

I don't think the virus makes any changes to your brain while you are alive. If they are all infected, no one else is acting like that.

Its my threory that the virus is only active when its dead. Shanes actions weren't caused by the virus, it was caused by being hard nosed and led on by that tramp.

Personally if I had my way I would have thinned that herd out a long time ago or at least parted ways. There is way too many opinions and "TV Survivor" game playing going on. Drives me nuts. Drama Drama Drama. They are/were all ludicrous to think the farm house was safe. That place was awesome but the did nothing to secure it or prtect it. Great fields of fire, water supply, food supply and flipping barbed wire fence?? Come on!!
  • joelabro
    joelabro Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    I was very surprised, however, that they must have discussed off screen meeting up back at the highway where they left the stuff for Sophia.
    I didn't think this was so odd... nobody (but T-Dog) was okay with being in separate groups after leaving the farm, and the Sophia car was the only other meeting place they've ever had in that area. I felt like it was a logical place for them to all wait for each other, and that they didn't necessarily have to have had a prior conversation about it.

Good point. It's not too far of a leap to think they might all converge back at that spot.
  • Mina133842
    Options
    deftanker - totally agree- they did nothing to fortify the farm - and the tunnel line Daryl said - I thought about that too- another escape route - or hideout?
  • joelabro
    Options

The thing that made Shane so agressive was the Lori-virus, not the zombie virus.

AMEN!! She is a drama queen. I still say if she had handled that situation better it might not have turned so tragic!

Rick did sound like a douche but it's the pressure of the responsibility he has that is getting to him. I don't blame him either for keeping the "big secret". I would have wanted to see more proof myself before freaking everyone out!

You know, I know it wouldn't have been very screen worthy, and not to sound like a girly-man, but had the three of them sat down and just discussed it all and been as open as possible, I wonder how it would have turned out. They all had a history together before the zombie rise. What was really so wrong about Shane and Lori? They thought Rick was dead for crying out loud, I'm not sure what there had to be such a big secret. Shane's inability to let it go may still have gotten in the way.
  • deftanker
    deftanker Posts: 105 Member
    Options

You know, I know it wouldn't have been very screen worthy, and not to sound like a girly-man, but had the three of them sat down and just discussed it all and been as open as possible, I wonder how it would have turned out. They all had a history together before the zombie rise. What was really so wrong about Shane and Lori? They thought Rick was dead for crying out loud, I'm not sure what there had to be such a big secret. Shane's inability to let it go may still have gotten in the way.

Not sure about the whole talking thing but who knows, it should have been attempted. In the first episode when Shane and Rick were talking in the squad car I got the feeling there was something going on between Shane and whats her name then. It was no surprise that they hooked up after tshtf. Thats a broken mirror (hard to fix). Shane is a selfish guy so he only cared about what he wanted regardless of his friendship.
  • joelabro
    Options

Not sure about the whole talking thing but who knows, it should have been attempted. In the first episode when Shane and Rick were talking in the squad car I got the feeling there was something going on between Shane and whats her name then. It was no surprise that they hooked up after tshtf. Thats a broken mirror (hard to fix). Shane is a selfish guy so he only cared about what he wanted regardless of his friendship.

Yeah I hear you, thanks for helping me form my thoughts, because what I think I mean is I am surprised that they did not at least try to do that, the three of them, as part of the process. It would have been a chance for Lori to air the laundry and make sure Shane knew her decision to be with Rick was final, saying it all in front of Rick. But yeah, at the end of it all Shane was driven by selfishness and jealousy, I don't think a heart-to-heart with all of them would have mattered.
  • MissTattoo
    MissTattoo Posts: 1,203 Member
    Options
    Lori pissed me off when she found out about Shane. Here she is whispering in Rick's ear how Shane is dangerous and what not and then acts surprised when Shane tried to kill Rick and Rick killed him instead. Was she pissed that Shane didn't kill him? I didn't get that because I would have stood by my man if that crap happened!

I'm pissed that Carol ran off and got stuck! grrr.

I understand why Rick kept it a secret. Dude at the CDC was insane and I wouldn't have believed him until I saw it for myself.

And then Carol at the end! grrr! They hear something and she's looking at Rick like "DO SOMETHING!!!" after she was just talking crap on him.
  • SMarie10
    SMarie10 Posts: 956 Member
    Options
    Lori pissed me off when she found out about Shane. Here she is whispering in Rick's ear how Shane is dangerous and what not and then acts surprised when Shane tried to kill Rick and Rick killed him instead. Was she pissed that Shane didn't kill him? I didn't get that because I would have stood by my man if that crap happened!

I'm pissed that Carol ran off and got stuck! grrr.

I understand why Rick kept it a secret. Dude at the CDC was insane and I wouldn't have believed him until I saw it for myself.

And then Carol at the end! grrr! They hear something and she's looking at Rick like "DO SOMETHING!!!" after she was just talking crap on him.
    Carol is really going to have to step it up and quit her whining. I like that Andrea at least became more self-sufficient and learned to shoot and take care of herself.
  • Rjdj3530
    Options

I forgot all about this. I was thinking the same thing!

Go look for yourself ***** if your worried about it! That's why it's a Ricktatorship now! Those folks would drive anyone insane!
  • jenny95662
    jenny95662 Posts: 997 Member
    Options
    i wonder if the zombies will end up getting smarter or something cause the new chick seems to have no issue controling them

i personally think rick is a great leader and the others just want everyone to do it. no one wants say they dont want to lead the group and that point was made well when everyone just sat there while rick talked lol
  • reactor25
    reactor25 Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    There is nothing sexier than Daryl on that motorcycle.

I would totally throw myself in front of a pack of zombies if it mean that he would come and save me.

Seriously, It was hard to concentrate on everything else with his sexy @ss running around rescuing people on that bike...
  • Mina133842
    Options
    I wasn't initially a big Daryl fan, but definitely am now. he's so cool. He was pretty cool to Lori last night too saying he'd go back out and look for Rick - last time he told her to do it herself.. wasn't really expecting that reply out of him at first. although this time they were in an urgent situation, and last time didn't seem much like an emergency at the time...
  • joelabro
    Options
    I wasn't initially a big Daryl fan, but definitely am now. he's so cool. He was pretty cool to Lori last night too saying he'd go back out and look for Rick - last time he told her to do it herself.. wasn't really expecting that reply out of him at first. although this time they were in an urgent situation, and last time didn't seem much like an emergency at the time...

He was very willing to stay and help Hershel defend the farm. They have really nailed it with this character, he's hard not to like!
  • Rjdj3530
    Options

He was very willing to stay and help Hershel defend the farm. They have really nailed it with this character, he's hard not to like!

Yep he's pretty tough. "Now's a good a time as any" as he jumps over the rails and proceeds to take care of bidness!
  • SinIsIn
    SinIsIn Posts: 1,865 Member
    Options

Yep he's pretty tough. "Now's a good a time as any" as he jumps over the rails and proceeds to take care of bidness!

He's so dang sexy! :love:
  • MissTattoo
    MissTattoo Posts: 1,203 Member
    Options
    i wonder if the zombies will end up getting smarter or something cause the new chick seems to have no issue controling them

I think it's because she cut off their arms and jaws. lol
  • MissFit0101
    MissFit0101 Posts: 2,382
    Options
    I loved this episode! If Lori didn't have to go and get pregnant I would have wished she'd died.. but I wonder if the baby is infected too... stupid question I know, but it is television, anything can happen ya know!

I am happy to see Rick take his role as a bada$$...

I had heard about Michonne only from these forums but assumed that was her when I saw her saving Andrea. I am so excited to see what she brings to the show next season.

I was surprised to find myself rooting for Andrea. Most of the season I have hoped she'd be the next one killed, lol.

If I had never read these threads here I would have never known that everyone was already infected although I would be starting to put it together I'm sure. I think if I hadn't known already, it would have made this episode even better, but nonetheless it was an awesome episode, and I will be anxiously waiting for next season.