How will you be working it off?

allietuge
allietuge Posts: 343 Member
I don't know about all you guys but I would much rather spend my time outside working out.
But on those days that just don't allow you to get out, how will you be working out?

Why types of workouts do you all do that you find fun and effective.

I just bought the Just Dance kinect game and I like it so far. I haven't tried it yet while on this program. :drinker:

Replies

• WalkingGirl1985
    WalkingGirl1985 Posts: 2,047 Member
    I've been doing a series of Jillian Workouts..even have 1 DVD of Bob Harper I workout too. Other times I'll use my Wii Fit and Wii Sports and use that if I want an easy/relaxing day. On the outside days..I am currently running and training for my first 10K and 1/2 in the fall.
  • I am going to be walking at our local park, exercising with my kids at school, and riding my stationary bike at home.
  • dianer75935
    dianer75935 Posts: 186 Member
    I do Zumba 2 to 3 nights a week and been trying to included some toning etc
  • genene111
    genene111 Posts: 386 Member
    I do Zumba once or twice a week, I am training myself to eventually be able to run a full marathon, I love hot yoga, and I'm currently using Nike fitness trainer and doing the workouts on that. Oh and I use the 30 day shred and new York city ballet DVDs!!:)
    This summer I'm really going to try some new things like volleyball and squash, plus I want to golf a whole lot more.
  • allietuge
    Oh I love Zumba!!!
    Any dance game I have found has made the work out time go by so much quicker!
  • I will be making sure i'm doing some sort of exercise/activity every day:

For example:

Mon: Cardio + Toning- 45 Mins
    Tues: Walking My Son To & From Playgroup Then Shopping-180 Mins
    Weds: Cardio + Core- 45 Mins
    Thurs: Cardio + Lower Body- 45 Mins
    Fri: Swimming With My Son-60 Mins
    Sat: Zumba Party 60 Mins
    Sun: Working, Cleaning- 300 Mins

I will change it up every 3 weeks or so so my workouts are longer and more intense as time gets on :)

x
  • allietuge
    You go girl!!

That whole schedual is awesome :glasses:
  • sterphy
    sterphy Posts: 68 Member
    I will be walking/running (trying to transition to only running) 4 days a week for the first 5 weeks. The I will be incorporating swimming and biking into my weekly regimen as well. Training for my first triathlon in August. Hoping to get in 3 swim, 3 bike, 3 run sessions (doing swim/bike same days). This will be extremely intense and I'm very nervous and excited :)
  • LPinTheD
    LPinTheD Posts: 129
    ChaLEAN Extreme... Just started two days ago. I'll also incorporate extra cardio like Zumba, and walking/bicycling now that the weather is getting nicer here.

ETA: I do Zumba 2 on the Wii - it's a great workout and lots of fun!
  • Caobrien11
    Caobrien11 Posts: 3 Member
    I plan on going to the gym for at least 45-1 hour every weekday. I love the elliptical because i have a knee problem, so running is out for right now. My husband and I also make a point to have "gym dates" a couple times a week where we lift weights and work on our abs for about 30 minutes. I have also found the stationary bike to be pretty effective and not so hard on the knees.
  • lablovr108
    lablovr108 Posts: 576 Member
    I love Chris Freytag's 10 lb slimdown xtreme DVDs. I fractured my ankle 4 1/2 weeks ago and haven't been able to work out. I can't wait to get back to it.
  • Mom2thePookies
    Mom2thePookies Posts: 7 Member
    I have an eliptical that I use a minimum of 5 days a week. I have two kiddos at home so I squeeze in workouts while they're asleep during nap. Well, supposed to be asleep, lol. I plan for a minimum of 15 minutes. Once my endurance gets up a bit I'm going to throw in some pilates and yoga. Once I do that I'll be doing elliptical one day, pilates the next, elliptical, yoga, etc.
  • mostly doing slim in 6 for the 1st 6 weeks
    slim and turbo jams for the 2nd
  • scubagoil
    scubagoil Posts: 103 Member
    I usually walk or hike and am trying to work up to running again. But if I can't get outside, I will use my Wii Fit.
  • Walking on the treadmill and cutting calories and with the warm weather coming, laps in the pool.
  • flet216
    flet216 Posts: 5
    I plan on running 3 days a week. I also do a 1 hr boot camp every Sat. Need to incorporate riding my bike at least once a week.
  • lostinureyes17
    lostinureyes17 Posts: 112 Member
    I will running after school with friends when it is nice outside Mondays and Thursdays. I will be walking with my mom outside on Tuesdays and Fridays after school. When the weather is bad I will be getting my butt to the gym in the morning or I will be doing Wii Fitness or Zumba for the Wii! I also may try getting back to the 30 day shred!
  • Nita_Bita
    Nita_Bita Posts: 136 Member
    I do TurboFire 6 days a week and walk/jog 3 miles every other day.
  • Vickied84
    Vickied84 Posts: 327 Member
    I'm going to stick with my cardio on the treadmill and add in some workout videos I have.
  • Julielynn83
    Julielynn83 Posts: 162 Member
    I am working out with a personal trainer 2 times a week. We do alot of strength training. I also take a hot yoga class on wed which I LOVE to do! I cant do alot but I know I will get there! I take a body sculpt class on fridays too! I think I need to add more cardio just trying to figure out what!