Cardio Inbetween Lifting

Options
RepsnSets
RepsnSets Posts: 805 Member
Hi All,

On my off days (STAGE 1) from the program Im doing about 30 minutes of cardio. Is anyone else doing cardio in between or just lifting? and if you are just concentrating on lifting why are you not doing cardio?

Thanks ladies :)

Replies

• ayummymommy01
    ayummymommy01 Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    I am doing cardio too...
  • meshashesha2012
    meshashesha2012 Posts: 8,326 Member
    Options
    i'm doing cardio as well. i'd say 25% of that is anaerobic HIIT, 50% is aerobic HIIT and, 25% steady state.on lift days i do 30 minutes cardio, non lift days i do 45-60 minutes of cardio and i have 1 complete rest day.

so far none of this is interfering with me doing the program. i'm still progressing in weights and variations and gaining strength. but then again i'm not necessarily concerned with gaining muscle mass, but more concerned with increasing strength and losing fat.
  • MMarvelous
    MMarvelous Posts: 1,067 Member
    Options
    I do cardio on off my off days and lifting days. Sunday and Tuesday are the 2 days I do both. I am training for a 10k so I do my long walks about 5-6 hours before I lift. On Tuesday, I finish my workout w/ 30 mins of Zumba.
  • wendyapple
    wendyapple Posts: 323 Member
    Options
    i'm doing cardio on non-lifting days. lifting is m-w-f, so cardio is tu-th-sat, with one of those days being intervals and the other two 30-45 minutes unless i'm feeling energized to do more. with the weather improving, i may take the gym cardio down a notch and ride outdoors more.
  • katapple
    katapple Posts: 1,108 Member
    Options
    Thanks for asking! I was wondering the same thing :)
  • Meggles63
    Meggles63 Posts: 916 Member
    Options
    Me too! I lift on T-Th-S and do couch to 5k training on M-W-F. So far, so good! :smile:
  • RepsnSets
    RepsnSets Posts: 805 Member
    Options
    Thanks for asking! I was wondering the same thing :)
    Thats ok, in particular with stage 2 workout B incorporates cardio after lifting. Think I might just skip cardio the day after workout b but will see how I go :)
  • beckkotsch
    beckkotsch Posts: 482 Member
    Options
    I lift T-Th-Sat and I spin on Mon and Fri. I would go crazy with no cardio:)
  • bizco
    bizco Posts: 1,949 Member
    Options
    I do cardio too.
  • Cait_Sidhe
    Cait_Sidhe Posts: 3,150 Member
    Options
    I took some time off of cardio because I was so sore in between lifting. But my body is adjusting and I'm starting to do cardio on my non-lifting days again. Kinda missed it, kinda didn't.
    10036 Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    Yeah, I'm doing something similar to others. MWF strength, TThS jogs. Kind of hard to help it when it's starting to feel like Spring.
  • Beeps2011
    Beeps2011 Posts: 11,994 Member
    Options
    I still do cardio. But, I have been DECREASING my cardio, actually, as this program has progressed. I mean, I obviously decreased it, in the beginning, to make time for the lifting. But, I have now even decreased my cardio on my off-lifting days. I just seem MUCH more cognizant when my body needs "rest" versus when I used to just INSIST on a cardio-work-out every single day.

Very interesting on how my body is, or potentially is not, adapting!
  • meshashesha2012
    meshashesha2012 Posts: 8,326 Member
    Options
    I still do cardio. But, I have been DECREASING my cardio, actually, as this program has progressed. I mean, I obviously decreased it, in the beginning, to make time for the lifting. But, I have now even decreased my cardio on my off-lifting days. I just seem MUCH more cognizant when my body needs "rest" versus when I used to just INSIST on a cardio-work-out every single day.

Very interesting on how my body is, or potentially is not, adapting!

yeah now that i'm fully back into the swing of heavy lifting i've had to significantly cut down my HIIT cardio. i still do the same amount of cardio overall, but i just dont have the juice to do as much hiit as before. i was doing it 6 days a week, now i'm cutting down to 4. i think part of the reason i'm having to reduce my hiit is because i'm also eating at a deficit. nothing too drastic, just 500-700 below maintennce. i still have the energy to go to the gym and do something like fast walking on indoor track, the versaclimber, rowing and swimming, but HIIT?? no way, my body just sort of goes "NO! :explode: "