Need advice on SCALES

Raemama
Raemama Posts: 203 Member
Okay - I have a fairly expensive scale, yet I don't trust it. When I weigh, I almost always weight twice to make sure I got a good reading. Every time it has a different reading that the first, so I end up weighing a bunch of times and then sort of averaging the number.

We have textured tile flooring - could that be the reason for the discrepancies or do you think it's the scale? Any ideas out there?

Thanks a bunch!

Rachel

Replies

• monalissanne
    monalissanne Posts: 159 Member
    If your floor isn't really flat it can be off. I have this scale from amazon, and I keep a 10 pound medicine ball next to it (or you could use hand weights) to check and make sure it is still weighing accurately. It measures 10.0 every time. Also, you don't have to tap wait for zero, and then step on. You just step on, keep looking forward, and then look down after a few seconds.

My last scale did what yours was doing and that's why I bought this one. It had a lot of photos on Amazon of people posting it with weights showing how accurate it is. Only $30 and I wouldn't trust anything else.

http://www.amazon.com/EatSmart-Precision-Digital-Bathroom-Technology/dp/B001KXZ808/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1333837783&sr=8-1
  • Raemama
    Raemama Posts: 203 Member
    Wow - thank you! I'm going to check it out. $30 is certainly worth having more exact weigh-ins. I mean, this is my LIFE right now! ;)

I ended up putting my scale in my garage, which has a flat, cement floor. It's better, but still gives me random measurements at times.
  • smcfaye
    smcfaye Posts: 15 Member
    Scales are frustrating. I have used "really good" scales and have gotten poor results. Currently, I am using out Wii fit board as my scale. The best of luck finding a reliable scale.