I am gulity of eating 1200 and I want out... take a peek :O)

Options
Im basically happy with the food I am eating. I have porridge for breakfast and a large salad with chicken, cottage cheese or egg for lunch. I large evening meal consisting of fish, loads of veggies and a small amount of potato or pasta.

I also get in more fresh fruit and a couple of snacks. I am eating at regular times and a decent amount. I usually hit the 1200 mark somewhere... So if I was just to introduce some nuts and seeds as an extra snack could this be used alone to bump my cals up and maybe a protien bar/shake when I have been to the gym. I eat very low fat these days so think it would do me good. Is this enough to make me healthier??

I work out for about 4hours a week and have an active job.

I am here to learn and be encourgaged and to be even more fabulous :O)

Ps I blame my mu for practically bringing us up on the 1000 cal diet everytime she got fat :O)

Replies

• Luandanielle1979
    Luandanielle1979 Posts: 747 Member
    Options
    Sometimes less than that and sometimes more if I have bumped it up with the wine... I am being honest :O) x
  • Luandanielle1979
    Options
    I hardly ever eat my exercise cals back maybe a few.... I should be using these Im sure x
  • ANewLucia
    ANewLucia Posts: 2,081 Member
    Options
    Hi there, I would strongly suggest reading the article on TDEE and the one talking about what to expect when you up cals....think about upping the calories to 15% less then your TDEE.

If you are not a high cardio burner, then all you would need to do is eat your cut amount daily. If you burn high cals then just make sure you are netting your BMR on those days.

Yes, adding protein shakes, nuts, and good oils works like a charm...ratios that work great for me are 40 carb, 30 prot, 30 fat.
  • Luandanielle1979
    Options
    Thanks for getting back to me ... I will check it out properly later. A worlout for me is about 600 cals or a few more burnt. I still have no idea of what cals I should be eating as I have just been going off MFP and weight watchers x