Meatball surviving without wine

Options
Hi all, I'm back on board & on day 5 of "No wine" to progress in my weight loss. It had become a nasty habit of empty sugar calories that I just found going to fat!!!...so it only took me a few years to realize the denial :drinker:

Support needed of anyone that loves that glass of wine or 2 or 3 every evening when they just want to escape from the crazyness of kids/work....:smile:

Replies

• mab33
    mab33 Posts: 242 Member
    Options
    I LOVE wine. I gave it up for Lent I love it so much. I do miss it.

Today my mom called and asked if I was going to the wine tasting tonight. I reminded her I gave up wine for Lent. She told me (jokingly) that I was sabotaging family time. You can tell my fam loves wine.

Add me for support if you like. I totally get you!
  • Loopylou_321
    Options
    Well done Neller, I too have realised that the old vino has been nothing but trouble in my quest to lose the pounds and have managed to last 6 days without a drop touching my lips but it is harder than I imagined! That kinda sounds like I have a wee problem now that I read it lol ;o) Anyway weekends are definitely the hardest so lets hope we can muddle through it eh? ;o)

Keep up the good work!
    Lou
  • healthydoseofglitter
    healthydoseofglitter Posts: 532 Member
    Options
    I hear you! Thinking about stopping and getting a bottle after work but I know if I do I will end up drinking the entire bottle!
  • Neller125
    Neller125 Posts: 14
    Options
    ttv2004:
    DON'T do it!!!!! you need to remove all empties to...they remind you that you are out.
    I find more room in the fridge for Vegtables than the wine box!!! :wink:
  • Neller125
    Options
    loopylou:
    Definitely...well I dare you than!!! we are on the same day by the sounds of it. I have none in the house..but a 6 pack of apple cider which is warm in the spare room. Outa sight..Outa mind:wink:
    Good luck on surviving the weekend...I know I can do it!!!:bigsmile:
  • jillybean9881
    jillybean9881 Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    I soooo miss wine and beer! I would have a glass of wine or bottle of beer each night. But I realized it was adding 100-175 calories a day.
  • Neller125
    Options
    Totally bad useless calories...and think of the money your saving not buying it!!!! (okay still trying to convince myself everyday!!!):grumble: