Anyone continuing "extra" cardio after Kickstart?

Options
ctlinj7
ctlinj7 Posts: 151 Member
I was contemplating tossing in the Cardio 1 as extra workout going on to week 2, anyone doing this or thoughts about it?

Replies

• phatsoslim
    phatsoslim Posts: 257 Member
    Options
    I haven't been doing any extras. I'm trying to show people that it works without extra workouts. But I guess it is a personal choice. I know I don't want to spend hours working out. Been there, done that, don't really want to start doing it again.
    There might be days in the future that I get backing on my spinning bike, because I do miss it. But for now, I'm sticking to the BR program as written.
  • kim_mc
    kim_mc Posts: 321 Member
    Options
    Not adding any extra right now. I want to see results without spending hours doing cardio. I was doing oround an hour cardio every day for a long time and all it got me was smaller with no muscles. I also stopped doing that and did JM Ripped in 30 and got great results with much shorter workouts.
    So for now, I'm going to see what this does for me. Gotta get used to the smaller calorie burns though!
  • twinmomtwice4
    twinmomtwice4 Posts: 1,069 Member
    Options
    I doubt I will when I'm in week 2 next week. I'm already on day 4 of the Cardio 1 and it's getting old quickly.
  • Fit2befitZ
    Fit2befitZ Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    I am keeping a split workout only because that is what I am used to doing (I have been doing splits for more than 6 months). However, I am not doing only Cardion 1. I am doing a mix of Cardio 1, Insanity, Turbo Fire, and the cardio from Chalean Extreme. Have lots of variety and get an extra boost! :-)
  • DMRN0125
    DMRN0125 Posts: 87
    Options
    Im not planning on doing the cardio 1 DVD as extra but I am planning on doing extra cardio a few days a week... I love spin too much to give it up and enjoy walking outside on the weekends. I think as long as you don't have any soreness from doing extra cardio, I dont see the harm..
  • Allegi32
    Allegi32 Posts: 302 Member
    Options
    I'm starting on Monday, and planning on starting with the Kickstart, but I also do Zumba 2-3 days/week and I love it so much, so I'm not stopped that!
  • NovemberJune
    NovemberJune Posts: 2,525 Member
    Options
    I didn't really do the kickstart but I did try to double up and do 2 workouts most days. And I'm going to keep trying to do that whenever I can. :)
  • theredcliche
    theredcliche Posts: 233 Member
    Options
    i did two workouts during the kickstart and now, i just finished week 4 and i do an extra workout when i ate poorly during the day or when i feel like my next day is gonna be a junky eating day... so basically i do an extra workout to keep my net cals around 1000.
  • theredcliche
    theredcliche Posts: 233 Member
    Options
    just saw this on jillian's twitter. someone asked if they could continue running while doing body revolution and she said, "you can but don't overdue it. Body Rev is designed perfectly to avoid overtraining. No more than 5 extra 30 min cardio sessions"
  • gerbies
    gerbies Posts: 444 Member
    Options
    just saw this on jillian's twitter. someone asked if they could continue running while doing body revolution and she said, "you can but don't overdue it. Body Rev is designed perfectly to avoid overtraining. No more than 5 extra 30 min cardio sessions"

Thanks so much for sharing that! I had intended not to add more of JM's cardio in the mix, but I will be taking 2-3 yoga classes a week at my local studio. These offer some cardio benefits, but are mostly strength and flexibility building.
  • lelasutt
    lelasutt Posts: 165 Member
    Options
    I'm doing body revolution in the mornings and couch to 5k program in the evenings.