Big belly / Spare tire Help!

Options
newmein2013
newmein2013 Posts: 674 Member
Does anyone know how to get rid of a spare tire? I'm exercising like crazy. I have unusual measurements (well, maybe not so unusual for PCOS & diabetes). I started as a perfect rectangle 49" / 49" / 49". I've lost 48lbs so far and now my measurements are 44" / 43" / 43". I've been doing 200 crunches 3 times a week in addition to my aerobic exercise and strength training sessions. I've just added the rowing machine for 30 minutes 3 times a week hoping this will help. I'm trying to learn how to do the plank and yoga / pilates but I'm just not that into it yet. It's so hard :( Any suggestions? Is the plank the only way to go? I'd be more than happy with a 30" waist when I reach my goal but I don't think that's even going to happen based on my results so far.

Replies

• melissadid2002
    melissadid2002 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    In the past and what I am going to be trying to get back into is Latin dance, it is awesome and it really helped to whittle me down before. The ones I FELL IN LOVE with, "Core Rhythms, Dance Exercise Program" On the front of the pack I have it states, "Drop weight and tone your abs the fast and fun way with rhythmic Latin dance." with Jaana Kuniz and Julia Powers. I know we all lose our weight in unique ways tho this kind of exercise helped me to fit into smaller jeans and it really helped me to feel better about myself. I hope this helps?
  • hwcoxjr
    hwcoxjr Posts: 11
    Options
    Hmmm, I wonder if I could get my wife to take up belly dancing. But somehow I think that would help her and not me. Walking has done the best for me. I still have the spare tire, but it's smaller. Down one notch in my belt and my jeans fell down today before I could get my belt on. :laugh:
  • newmein2013
    newmein2013 Posts: 674 Member
    Options
    Excellent ideas.

Melissadid200:
    I love Latin dancing! can't dance to save my life but I'm determined to learn by the summer for my nephew's wedding. What a fun workout this will be! I just ordered some dvds from the library.

hwcoxjr:
    I was actually learning belly dancing in the fall. It was so much fun. Your wife would love it! Oh, and don't worry, you will benefit from it too. I'm so happy to hear your jeans are getting too big!