New Group Member

Options
deb83201
deb83201 Posts: 10 Member
Hi, I'm not new to MFP but I haven't done well the past 2 weeks. I am trying to get back on track. My name is Debbie and I am not quite 60 but I will be in Oct. My biggest problem is getting motivated to exercise. I do well with the MFP diary because I also have it on my Blackberry. I really need to get some of this weight off. I have rheumatoid arthritis and I know I would feel better if I weighed less. So I am looking for your help and guidance. :smile:

Replies

• thelma1952
    Options
    Hi, I'm not new to MFP but I haven't done well the past 2 weeks. I am trying to get back on track. My name is Debbie and I am not quite 60 but I will be in Oct. My biggest problem is getting motivated to exercise. I do well with the MFP diary because I also have it on my Blackberry. I really need to get some of this weight off. I have rheumatoid arthritis and I know I would feel better if I weighed less. So I am looking for your help and guidance. :smile:

Hi Debbie and welcome ..........I am a newbie to this site and think so far that its great m hoping that it motivates me to lose the blubber lol as have at least 2 stone to lose. I too have arthritis but not only that an underactive thyroid....I have also had both my hips replaced (in my 50's) so it rather inhibits exercise to a certain extent. I know to lose the weight, my hips may last just that little bit longer without having to have the replacements replaced :wink: I wish you all the luck in the world if you decide to start losing some weight. I am sure that we are all here to help each other or thats what it seems like from what I've seen so far. xx
  • skinnyme47
    skinnyme47 Posts: 807 Member
    Options
    Welcome to the 60 Years and over group. I try to walk at least 20-30 minutes each day. I also wear a Fitbit One. I think it helps with the motivation. :smile:
  • Wooken3
    Wooken3 Posts: 634 Member
    Options
    welcome.gif

Hi All, Regarding motivation to exercise -- we never want to do something we hate, so for me it was finding an exercise that I enjoyed. After a few months of trying videos, walking, swimming, biking and I forget what else; biking turned out to be something I really enjoyed.

Who would of thunk that a year ago, I couldn't bike more than a couple of miles and last month I logged 255 miles at the average speed of 10mph. _:drinker:_ If fact I enjoy biking so much, I don't even think of it as exercising..it's just fun. However, I did join the "Too Inspired to be Tired February" Challenge for walkers/runners/bikers/and any other movement just to keep me honest. _:laugh:_ It's not too late to join for February or keep it in mind for March.

Link: http://www.myfitnesspal.com/groups/home/11547-too-inspired-to-be-tired-february-2013

So Ladies, my suggestion is to try out anything that gets you to move until you find the perfect workout(s). YouTube has tons of video workouts and check out the library as well before you buy.

Nobody can go back and start a new beginning, but anyone can start today and make a new ending. ~Maria Robinson