Lite n Easy

sazroy
sazroy Posts: 262 Member
Anyone out there doing Lite n Easy? I've lost 8.7kgs so far without exercise because of it :)

Replies

• Hi there,

Firstly, WELL DONE! :)

I've been thinking about giving it a go ... would also love to hear from others as to their experience / thoughts on it.

Carissa
  • sazroy
    Thank you! It is great, but I'm annoyed today as they've stuffed up my order. Missing food, so they will receive a call from me today and I better get a discount! So frustrating when I spend so much money to then NOT get the food.

But other thant that it DOES work, my friend recently (finally) started and lost 2.7kgs in her first week!
  • evakay1
    evakay1 Posts: 23 Member
    I've once said that if i were rich, I'd live of Light n Easy full time, no cooking, no shopping and lose weight! I'm so glad it's working for you, I'd love to give it a try!
  • Yeah I did light n' easy a few years ago and lost over 10kg in just over a month or so. I thought it was great, but I probably lost it so quickly because I wasn't eating most of the snacks, a) because everything seemed to have saltanas in it, b) apples and oranges got boring after week 2, and c) I didn't like a lot of the other baked snacks either. The regular meals were okay, and I enjoyed the lunches the most but after a while it just got repetitive and I hated wasting all the snacks I wasn't eating.

I did put the weight back on, but that was over a very long period of time (more than 2 years) and after a lot of unhealthy eating. I tried going back to it, but it's gotten more expensive and I just wasn't into eating microwave meals all the time. Light n' easy does work, and I encourage you to stick with it as long as you can, but once you stop you have to develop a healthy eating plan to maintain the weightloss and keep it off for good. Good luck!
  • sazroy
    Yeah I did light n' easy a few years ago and lost over 10kg in just over a month or so. I thought it was great, but I probably lost it so quickly because I wasn't eating most of the snacks, a) because everything seemed to have saltanas in it, b) apples and oranges got boring after week 2, and c) I didn't like a lot of the other baked snacks either. The regular meals were okay, and I enjoyed the lunches the most but after a while it just got repetitive and I hated wasting all the snacks I wasn't eating.

I did put the weight back on, but that was over a very long period of time (more than 2 years) and after a lot of unhealthy eating. I tried going back to it, but it's gotten more expensive and I just wasn't into eating microwave meals all the time. Light n' easy does work, and I encourage you to stick with it as long as you can, but once you stop you have to develop a healthy eating plan to maintain the weightloss and keep it off for good. Good luck!

The thing is though they're not microwave meals, it's mainly dinners that are microwavable but they're made fresh the snap frozen, so it's the same as cooking it yourself then freezing it, not the same as buying a micro meal from the shops. I'm not fussy with food and force myself to eat anything I don't like because the reason I gained weight was because I don't eat enough and my body has been in starvation mode, then I'd have binge fests :/

Forgot to order last week too and had to buy my own food. Had oats for breakfast, apples and popcorn for snacks, chicken avocado and salad wraps for lunch and left over lite n easy meals for dinner, think I did well lol!
  • Well I think I'm sold! :) I'm going to try it for a few weeks and see how it goes - fingers crossed!
  • I checked out the site because I was interested in ordering some lunches. I get busy so can be slack about eating well sometimes. I could only find combos for more than one meal a day. Is it possible to just order lunches?
  • sazroy
    Can't order just lunches, but can order just dinners.

I upped my cals to 1500 on Thursday, by saturday I'd lost 400g and by Sunday I'd lost another 600g so lost a kilo in 2-3 days
  • It recommended the 1800 cal plan to me. So if I ordered the 1200 cal plan dinners I suppose it could be like lunch?
  • sazroy
    All dinners are the same size on all plans. Dinners are around 390 - 400 cals.
  • Thanks. That's more than I want in a lunch so I guess I'll keep doing what I'm doing.
  • Its been a while since I did it, but you used to be able to get lunches only but only if you called up to order, it wasn't an option available online. Oh and I think there was a $50 minimun for delivery, so i used to get 5 day lunches and a pack of mini meals because they could be kept in the freezer.
  • anaussie
    anaussie Posts: 88 Member
    I've once said that if i were rich, I'd live of Light n Easy full time, no cooking, no shopping and lose weight! I'm so glad it's working for you, I'd love to give it a try!

Same here..... Aldi has few frozen meals with almost identical nutrition values at half the price. You dont have to eat all the rice or potatoes in those meals. Just a thought.
  • sazroy

Same here..... Aldi has few frozen meals with almost identical nutrition values at half the price. You dont have to eat all the rice or potatoes in those meals. Just a thought.

No idea what Aldi is, but one thing about lite n easy is their meals aren't packed with preservatives, they're all fresh. (then frozen)

And besides, it's not that expensive (and I'm a low income earner) and you can't put a price on your health.
  • It didn't look expensive to me either. If I were on my own I'd do it.
  • sazroy
    Just take a look at the menus and try and copy them. One week when I forgot to order, I bought oats, apples, popcorn, chicken strips, avacado, salad and wraps for breakfast/lunch/snacks and it only came to $37, all I needed to buy after that was dinner (but I had leftover lite n easy dinners). I was shocked at how cheap it was!
  • Misdy
    Misdy Posts: 81 Member
    I stopped about 6 weeks ago because I moved in with my BF and we no longer have enough room in our small fridge/freezer :( I am missing it heaps, especially the dinners as calories really add up quickly when cooking to please more than one person! I wasn't always that fussed on the lunches/snacks but I really enjoyed some of the mini meals or meals in a bowl which I would use for lunch and you can purchase 4 or five at a time. My fave was the chicken & veg risotto which was less than 300 calories a pop, Yum!

I wasted a heap of the biscuits because a) they were packed with calories anyway b) weren't very appetizing and c) I'd rather have an arnotts shortbread cream any day which are lower in calories!
  • amr1982
    amr1982 Posts: 1
    You have inspired me- I am going to give it a go. Lite and Easy it is.
  • W0zzie
    W0zzie Posts: 262 Member
    My success could predominantly be attributed to L&E, MFP & XBox Kinect plus I cut out a "lot" of alcohol.

To be honest though L&E for us is just as much about convenience as anything. We live in a nuthouse with 2 on night-shift, 1 uni & me on days so meals are just a pain in the traditional sense. Having said that the meals are way above any packaged stuff from the supermarkets and just "knowing" what your main night time meal cal value & other nutri info is, is a huge help.

:)