Weight Loss Tips

Options
ChaleGirl
ChaleGirl Posts: 270 Member
We've probably heard most of this before but what's everyones top tips for losing weight?

I suppose mine would be: -

Eat little but often
Lots of water

I dont deny myself anything but it might only be a mouthful!!

Replies

• yolste07
    yolste07 Posts: 327 Member
    Options
    I would say the same thing eat every 2 to 3 hours about 5 to 6 times a day which include snacks
  • risseallen
    Options
    I am learning this the hard way. I am not eating enough...what are some snack ideas that I can eat every 2-3 hours? I use to snack on chips, and junk...so I need some ideas, any thoughts?
  • LexieSweetheart
    LexieSweetheart Posts: 793 Member
    Options
    I am learning this the hard way. I am not eating enough...what are some snack ideas that I can eat every 2-3 hours? I use to snack on chips, and junk...so I need some ideas, any thoughts?

frozen grapes are an awesome snack
  • shaylasade
    shaylasade Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    Try pistachio's, dry cereal, yogurt, and fruit
  • LexieSweetheart
    LexieSweetheart Posts: 793 Member
    Options
    look at how far you have come, not how far you have to go
  • JoeyliciousB
    JoeyliciousB Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    Eat meals using a side plate. It will help with portion control.
  • coconutbuNZ
    coconutbuNZ Posts: 578 Member
    Options
    rice crackers & hummus, take it easy on the hummus
  • mignon83
    mignon83 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Try some Dry Roasted Almonds from Emerald.
  • LenaMena87
    LenaMena87 Posts: 469 Member
    Options
    My secret is cardio and little carbs but tons of protein and veggies!
  • mtldy
    mtldy Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    New to this group.... Need breakfast ideas. Thanks
  • lionempress
    lionempress Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    What seems to work best for me goes against the grain, Intermittent Fasting. (but I love it as a lifestyle and it's something I can actually stick with!)
    Being active and exercising by doing something I really enjoy like riding bike and although some ppl find it boring I actually like strength training with weight machines.
    When I have cravings I don't fight it I just keep it in moderation and choose the lesser devil like dark chocolate chips and something yummy and good for you like almond butter with flaxseed as a dip for veggies.
  • jadedone
    jadedone Posts: 2,449 Member
    Options
    If I am craving sweets, I try to eat fruit first. And if I still want chocolate or cookies or whatever, I just have it. That being said, I don't buy many of those treats. So if I want cookies, I need to get a single serving pack or go out somewhere. I do keep some chocolate bars around but they tend to last a while for me.

My number one thing is to come up with a few go to combos to make meals or snacks easier. I like to make sure I have a few grab and go snacks: fruits, chopped veggies, single serve yogurts and nuts to help me beat the hunger.
  • LovelyLibra79
    LovelyLibra79 Posts: 569 Member
    Options
    1. Carry water everywhere you go!
    2. Have healthy snacks in your car or purse for cravings
    3. Tell your friends and family your goals so they can hold you accountable.
    4. Dont eat "BAD carbs" after 4pm. Some say 2pm
  • Bpowell76
    Bpowell76 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    I add organic apple cider vinegar to my water. Keeps hungar cravings done.
    Warm water in the morning with lemon, cinnamon, and honey. Helps detox liver.
    Always have a Plan B. Plan all meals even when going out to dinner or know what your going to do in a situation where there are no healthy choices.
    Sugar cravings are hard and I try Sugarfree Popsicles or Jello. I use WW with concept of zero foods such as lettuce, carrots, cucumbers, and celery as snack foods. So I make salad snacks with sandwich bags weekly and keep in refrig for quick reach.
  • lelonie
    lelonie Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Right now I am doing the "SuperFoods Diet" and its working great for me, With this diet I can focus on adding healthy foods to my diet and not what I am giving up. Also I always drink water before I eat.