Cabin in the Woods

Options
BrendarB
BrendarB Posts: 2,770 Member
Anybody heard anything about this - heard it showed at SXSW

Replies

• TakeMyWifePlease
    Options
    I've heard that it twists in a few different directions than expected so I have been avoiding the trailers so I can go in fresh. From what I understand it starts like a cliched horror movie with a bunch of young people in an old cabin in the woods and then you realize there is a mysterious "things are not quite what they seem" sci fi element. Should be pretty weird.

The only other thing I remember reading about it was that it was finished some time ago (maybe a year or two) but the distribution company didn't release it because they said they didn't know how to market it. So that could be a good thing for an original horror movie. The same scenario happened to Trick R Treat and that turned out to be awesome.
  • Mr_Cape219
    Mr_Cape219 Posts: 1,345 Member
    Options
    Anything from Joss Wheadon tends to be original and interesting. I understand he produced it? Or worked on it? I am not too sure, but the few little tidbits I have read about it, the critic's have said that it is too smart for it's own good sometimes. Now I dont know if that is a good or bad thing. Lots of movies that I have seen have been "too smart for it's own good" (Fantastic Mr. Fox, The Life Aquatic, or anything by Wes Anderson comes to mind) so I am a little excited to go see this movie. The trailer I did see doesnt tell you much about the story, and the tagline of it is "A bunch of teenagers go into a cabin in the woods" That itself is witty enough to interest me haha.
  • istalkzombies
    istalkzombies Posts: 344 Member
    Options
    the previews look pretty sweet and like anthony said Joss Wheadon is pretty interesting and I am a fan of his work
  • Mr_Cape219
    Options
    If anyone has been to www.reddit.com you need to check out the AMA (Ask Me Anything) post with Joss Wheadon. Its a great read and he talks about his movie. It sounds awesome and I am going to go see it tonight. I will try and write a review about it for you all :D

But someone made a point about Joss Wheadon, and that is that he always kills the main people of his stories.
  • BrendarB
    BrendarB Posts: 2,770 Member
    Options
    Go see this- it was good - completely enjoyed myself - won't say how or why as I don't want to spoil
  • LWeiler82
    LWeiler82 Posts: 40
    Options
    My husband and I just saw this yesterday and we really enjoyed it!
  • istalkzombies
    istalkzombies Posts: 344 Member
    Options
    damn I wanan see this m7y buddy Rob told me it was awesome
  • Mr_Cape219
    Options
    So I finally saw it. It was kick *kitten*!

The only thing I really didnt like about it was the whole... ending. Now I am trying to say this without ruining anything, but I think the way everything ended was awesome but not. Certain parts of the ending (those that watched it know) were awesome. But other parts of thje ending, I thought were not that interesting and appealing.

However. The rest of the entire movie was a perfect blend of scary, funny, gory, ect ect.

You have to know alot of horror movies to pick up on the refrences though. Some of them are obvious, but others are subtle.

It is one of my favorites and I will honestly watch it again. But. If the ending portion (which is really a huge chunk of the movie) was different, then I would feel tons better. Really wanna discuss it with someone so PM me if ya want xD
  • ilikepandasyay
    ilikepandasyay Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    I loved this movie so much and I thoguht that the ending was a prefect Joss Whedon tounge in cheek commentary. This movie was made not just to be a horror movie but to spoof how off track and insane the industry has gotten and it did it PERFECTLY. What I can't beleive is that the guy who plays Thor is in it! So crazy to see now! Especially because this movie was made before Thor/the Avengers.
  • Mr_Cape219
    Options
    I loved this movie so much and I thoguht that the ending was a prefect Joss Whedon tounge in cheek commentary. This movie was made not just to be a horror movie but to spoof how off track and insane the industry has gotten and it did it PERFECTLY. What I can't beleive is that the guy who plays Thor is in it! So crazy to see now! Especially because this movie was made before Thor/the Avengers.

The whole entire movie was great, the only part I didnt like was the ending. I have good legit reasons too. Its the story that is flawed towards the end.
  • ilikepandasyay
    ilikepandasyay Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    I just saw it again and I have to say I still love the ending ;P