Input needed!

Options
kal_el83
kal_el83 Posts: 38 Member
Hey all! I'm working on putting together some ST themed group challenges to help support, motivate and move us closer to our weight-loss/fitness goals. Nothing wrong with a little friendly competition, right?

What I need from you is: What is your favorite workout? Your least favorite workout? And if you track your weight, when is your normal weigh-in?

Thanks guys!

=-)

Replies

• msfayzer
    msfayzer Posts: 7
    Options
    Workout? Psshhhh.

Seriously, I walk my dogs, that is it. I am going to get a personal trainer when I hit my goal weight to tone up because I despise physical activity and they only way I will do it is if I have an appointment. I do kind of like the reclined stationary bikes they have at hotels because I can do that and watch Netflix on my phone. Ellipticals kick my butt so much but they are useful when I have to make out for eating out three meals a day for a week (as is required on business trips.)

I only have access to workout equipment when I travel. Now that the weather is getting warmer, I am trying to walk places instead of drive but that is all I do. I don't have an inhaler anymore so that makes running hard.

My weigh in day is Saturday morning.

Thanks for organizing this!
  • hellraisedfire
    hellraisedfire Posts: 403 Member
    Options
    I really love the arc trainer at PF! I do it on the hill assist so the resistance and the stride length changes. Then I do strength training, and I vary legs/abs and arms/chest with the machines at PF. :)
    I really hate the treadmill, I get nasty pains in my shins. I usually do my weigh in on Wednesday night. (not sure why as that's my worst day during the week!)
  • sunnburst1984
    sunnburst1984 Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    That's a great idea! I weigh in basically every time I step on my Wii balance board but can hold out for a certain date :D
    I'm always up for a challenge so no worries on stuff I don't like, I'm pretty much easy going!
  • JoHo57
    JoHo57 Posts: 31
    Options
    I walk and do a lot of stretches. Lots of stretching to keep the knees in tune is vital to me. I also go up and down the stairs, and my housework routine is revved up to warp speed. I wash dishes and fold laundry with extra energy just to burn the calories.
  • Scarlettdawn764
    Scarlettdawn764 Posts: 856 Member
    Options
    My favorite workout is RUNNING! I'm training for my first ever 5K, and I actually just started a program to get myself up to 10K distance. My least favorite workout would probably be just straight up aerobics....complicated dance stuff that just makes me feel uncoordinated lol.
    I weigh actually quite a lot, but I don't read too much into my weight as it fluctuates a few pounds every week it seems. I am a hardcore runner, and I try to alternate that with strength training, so I know I will lose weight by losing fat but gain it by gaining muscle. Mostly I am just trying to get toned up :bigsmile:
  • JoHo57
    JoHo57 Posts: 31
    Options
    You are so right about the actual weight the scale shows. The numbers are confusing, because I am gaining muscle and losing fat, so the scale is showing a true weight, but does not break down that this is fat and this is weight. I measure myself more than I weigh in. WOW, what a difference that makes. I have lost everywhere and that makes me feel good.
    I was amazed to find my biceps again after all these years. The lifting and tugging on boxes during the move have certainly made exercise a on demand activity.
  • eldarkangel
    eldarkangel Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Hi Squid,

I am Dan and in the same boat as you. Been trying for ages and need motivation. I am in south east surrey way.

Dan x