Holy Yoga, Batman!

Options
sarahmoyta
sarahmoyta Posts: 23 Member
Did that yoga kick everyones butt or just mine? I lost count of how many times I fell over. Pretty crazy.

Replies

• ntillberg
    ntillberg Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    The yoga disk is my least favourite for exactly that reason. LOL. Nobody will get within 4 feet of my during the workout!
  • Rachel5K
    Rachel5K Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    I am so weak in the arms so going back to plank every time; OUCH! Also, I have absurdly long legs so I am having major difficulty kicking my leg through to runner's pose. Once we get to the balancing moves, though, I feel like I get a huge breath of fresh air. I find focusing on the things you love that are soon to come helps tremendously!
  • MoooveOverFluffy
    MoooveOverFluffy Posts: 398 Member
    Options
    i have yet to continue past the balance/posture section. Yes, this is hard! Did my second run through Monday night and my hamstrings are VERY sore. I did notice that it was a bit easier the second time though, so high hopes for next Monday. I'll make a vow to continue through the balance moves and finish next week. IT'S JUST SO FREAKING LONG!!
  • Rachel5K
    Options
    It DOES get better. Just think, only what? One more? Then rest week then on to phase two!
  • Laura82NH
    Laura82NH Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    I have been doing yoga for a few years, and you have every right thinking this is hard!!! The standing pose series with vinyasas is very long, but you'll start to feel amazing as your strength and balance builds over the next few weeks. If my arms need a break, I'll substitute a vinyasa with a child's pose, and then go back to downward dog.

Yoga and stetching is crutial! Don't skip it, or the Stretch X disc -- Pay attention to how you are feeling and avoid injuries!
  • Rachel5K
    Options
    I have obnoxiously long legs and a very short torso. I consider myself to be pretty fit and I ALWAYS give it my all, especially if there is something I can't do because I hate feeling limited... BUT, no matter how hard I try, I can't swing my leg all the way through to runner's pose; it always hits the ground first and I have to take a step to readjust. Is there anyone else who has had this problem? Is there anything I need to do differently? Is it possibly that I am physically incapable of doing it do to my proportions?
  • sarahmoyta
    sarahmoyta Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    I made it all the way through this week!!! That second half really is great - tough, but fun.

I have a tough time bringing my leg in for runners pose also - I just pull it up from where it gets stuck. I was surprised that the planks are getting easier too - my upper body strength is kind of crap.

Thank you for the tip about subbing childs pose for a vinyasa here and there. By the time I'm done with that series I feel like I'm dying - arms hurt, legs hurt, everything hurts. Glad to know its not just because I'm new to this.

I start my recovery week on monday so I think I have it 2x. Guess I'll really have to focus on getting through the first 40 minutes....
  • Laura82NH
    Laura82NH Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Way to go!!!
  • jclark17
    jclark17 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    It does get easier...trust me! This is my second round and I recall specifically that the first time through yoga was hell in the beginning and I was amazingly surprised what I could do toward the middle and end of the 90 days, albeit not everything and not perfect. It's pretty exhilarating when you do a pose or do every vinyasa or a certain balance pose that you couldn't do the first times through.

Keep pushing play...Do your best and forget the rest and it WILL get easier.
  • yolste07
    yolste07 Posts: 327 Member
    Options
    I have been doing yoga for a few years, and you have every right thinking this is hard!!! The standing pose series with vinyasas is very long, but you'll start to feel amazing as your strength and balance builds over the next few weeks. If my arms need a break, I'll substitute a vinyasa with a child's pose, and then go back to downward dog.

Yoga and stetching is crutial! Don't skip it, or the Stretch X disc -- Pay attention to how you are feeling and avoid injuries!

I am glad I read through this post today because I was going to skip the yoga tonight I could not stand it last week. I am 1 day behind where I should be but I will get there.
  • Rachel5K
    Options
    I hate to say it, but it was the darn Yoga that did me in... Last Friday I got through almost the entire routine without incident, then out of the blue, during the cobbler stretch at the end (nothing intense, just stretching!) my knee made this outrageous sound that caught me completely off guard. It didn't hurt so I cautiously made my way to work thinking perhaps I was in the clear. Not so lucky... I stood from my desk to leave work at the end of the day and an excruciating pain shot straight through my knee. I, sadly, have not been right since. Going into almost a week later and I have not been able to work out at all, barely walking correctly. I had a nurse take a peek at it and told me I need to take it easy for a few days and leave it wrapped. Here's hoping... not working out is making me very antsy.