calories/ subsitution

Options
wynnn
wynnn Posts: 9 Member
So i just did day 5 of P90X. and the one thing im having problems with is trying to calculate on here how many calories i have burned i have a watch that calculates but once i begin to sweat to much it dont work to well. any idea??

Also i have no way to do pull ups at home or attach a band to anything. how can i do my pull ups? what can i do instead? i really need to know both these i was 277lbs starting feb 2012. its now march 17 2012 im at 253lbs. i have been on this site for 6days now and love it. my goal is 210lbs in i hope about 2-2.5 months if possible... any tips

Replies

• sarahmoyta
    sarahmoyta Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    I'm using the MFP pre programed things, but just going with similar things (kenpo -> kickboxing, core syn -> calisthenics, etc)

As far as pull ups go, could you attach a scarf or belt to a closet bar and use it to pull yourself up from kneeling to standing (or as close as you can get?

Amazing progress btw! I started at 226 and would like to get down in the 150-170 range.
  • captainbeadheart
    Options
    I just started P90X yesterday, but I've been estimating the calorie burn using this site: http://p90xcalories.com/. You input the P90X workout you did, your weight, the workout duration, and your workout intensity level. It seems to be a reasonable estimate for me, at least so far!
  • sarahmoyta
    sarahmoyta Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    I just started P90X yesterday, but I've been estimating the calorie burn using this site: http://p90xcalories.com/. You input the P90X workout you did, your weight, the workout duration, and your workout intensity level. It seems to be a reasonable estimate for me, at least so far!

Love it! Thanks!
  • wynnn
    wynnn Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Love the site thank you... and sarah thanks for the advice ill try the closet thing but i dont think its strong enough but will deff give it a shot. :)
  • phatty4dayz
    phatty4dayz Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    Just an FYI, MFP overestimates everything, you really should look into getting a heart rate monitor to more accurately record your calories. You can get really good ones online for like $60.