New

Options
peachNpunkin
peachNpunkin Posts: 1,010 Member
Just joined the group. It is me to a tee. I was born in AR and raised in South Texas, I can handle myself at no cost, and I ain't never fainted on no couch either. Please accept me to the group. I hope we have a blast together.

Replies

• ladybg81
    ladybg81 Posts: 1,553 Member
    Options
    welcome!
  • peachNpunkin
    peachNpunkin Posts: 1,010 Member
    Options
    Thank you!
  • MelisRunning
    MelisRunning Posts: 819 Member
    Options
    New to the group but not new to MFP (joined in April of this year). I was scrolling through the different groups this evening and wondered why there wasn't anything from our part of the country and then Ta-Dah! There you were! Wonderful!!!

So, that being said,

Hi! my name is Melinda and I live in Columbus, Mississippi. I must admit to being a Colorado transplant but have found that I absolutely love living in Mississippi. I feel that my state gets a bum rap on a lot of the "statistics" that abound our country, the most notable being the most obese state in the nation. Boy, that really gets me~but that's a whole other story. :)

After moving to Mississippi three years ago, I began losing weight. Presently, I have lost 144 pounds and am "officially" in maintenance but log in religiously to MFP to log my food, meet people, get and give encouragement...it's a great site.

It's a funny thing that I had to move to the most "obese" state in the nation from the "skinniest" state in the nation to lose my weight. But, I love the South~love the winters!!! The people are remarkable! Never want to leave!!!

What I do. I am a housewife, a mom to two grown children, a runner, and a weight lifter. I am married (28 yrs) to the love of my life. I have a dog and a cat and am a bee keeper.

I look forward to talking with you and learning from you more great things about living in the South!