March 18 thru 24

debilang
debilang Posts: 874 Member
What a HAPPENING WEEK! Last Monday, I had my annual Physical exam and got two vaccinations: one for Shingles required since I am over 60, and the other was for whooping cough and tetanus for the same reason. With every vaccinations which is supposed to protect you from the very illness it is meant, I end up getting some kind of cold...and this time was no different. I got a terrible sinus cold that last for almost 4 days. I am FINALLY over it, thank goodness.

In the beginning of March, I started the JM30DS challenge, and today March 18 will only be my 10th day on level one, for many different reasons. I am determined to finish the 30 days, but, it will be in April when I am done. The main thing is to FINISH. I am on a forum that I take measurements every week, and I am very pleased to say I DID lose inches as well as weight.

I never thought I would be comfortable under 117 lbs, and here I am now 112.8. I've gotten down to as light as 112, but the more I study about fat loss, I realized that I need to lose WEIGHT to lose FAT. However, I am building muscle with my weight training, and because muscle is denser then fat, my body is becoming more toned. YES! The really good part with the weight training is that my metabolism is becoming very active, and even while resting, I am burning calories. My overall goal is to just shrink my fat cells,since over the years, they have become very mature, and I will never get rid of them, but could keep them shrunk.

This incredible journey with My Fitness Pals has been FANTASTIC. I've made some great friends, and hope we continue our health and fitness journey together for as long as it takes!!

My goals this week are to continue:

1) No Junk Food for 7 more days (I am on Day 15)
2) Day 10 of Level 1 then on the challenge Level 2 of JM30DS (anything for 25 minutes)

Stay Empowered:flowerforyou:
Debbie :drinker: (lifting my glass of water to you all)

Replies

• debilang
    March 19

1) Fasting for 4 more hours - Preparing fish and veggies as my break fast
    2) JM30DS - Day 10 ... did not exercise yesterday...
    3) Found a motivating site on MFP - Full of Motivational quotes:
    Do something today that your future self will thank you for!!!!
    This motivates me on a physical, and personal level...cause sometimes it is difficult to get started on new goals.
    4) No junk food for 6 more days

Staying Empowered!! :flowerforyou:
  • debilang
    March 20

1st day of Spring...
    I craved for the 1st time in a long time...I let too much time go between breakfast and my snack...and ate a pear. The pear did not satisfy my hunger, and I found I wanted 'junk food'. I did get some GO LEAN CRUNCH cereal. It has a high amt of fiber and protein...it is not sweet.
    Enjoyed my grandchildren today...will go over tomorrow.
    Tired...going to sleep early!

Stay empowered!
  • debilang
    March 21 - Wednesday

Almost binged yesterday. Caught myself by eating some high fiber, protein cereal, and exercising.

4 days more of NO JUNK FOOD...what do I have for a reward!!!!
    JM30DS...

Staying Empowered!
  • debilang
    March 22 - Thursday...

Made an appointment to visit a gym that is close to my house. I pass it everyday, and they must have a way of advertising close to my address...cause I am curious and finally going in to check it out. I already have a gym membership...but it is usually crowded. If the price is right...I may invest in some quiet workout time for myself...plus they have Zumba and a Ladies only workout area. I will report back.

Weight: 112.2
    Reading Tom Venuto's Burn the Fat Build the Muscle...learning everything I can to burn what fat I am hanging on to from years of neglecting my body. PATIENCE has to be my middle name now.

No Junk Food
    Workout

Staying Empowered!:flowerforyou:
  • debilang
    March 23 - Friday...

Love my new gym..hehehe...yes that is a strong emotion, but, the gym is literally a place I can work out and not be bothered with a lot of bodies. They have been in business sinces 2002...so that is 10 years now. Someone must LOVE the fact that there are folks who want to workout and has kept the gym going.

I did 40 minutes of treadmill...between 3.5 and 4.0...even running @ 4.0. I know...that is a job, but my heart rate stayed stable. I did the triceps machine, the chest fly machine, leg strengthening behind you, (don't know what machine is called as it is not labeled, and the quadraceps machine. I want to learn 2 more machines...but will have to weight another day for it.

Have a great week-end. I got a bit craving for 'something' so ate cereal. I know I must eat protein, and will make myself a green monster. All this exercise is making me HUNGRY.

Stayed empowered. :flowerforyou:
  • debilang
    BINGED this WEEK-END...and GAINED LBS back...OMG!! Everything out the window 'just for today'...I STILL BELIEVE in Mission Possible for me !!:embarassed: Here's to a NEW WEEK starting Sunday