Missed two Days of 30 day shred

Options
Hi ,

I missed two workouts of the 30 day shred. Friday and Saturday is any one else in the same situation. I was thinking of working of doing the video three times today but I think it may be two much. I wanted to know where the group was at so that I can catch up.

Thanks

Replies

• mobskee
    mobskee Posts: 200
    Options
    For some reason everybody stopped posting daily. I'm still here though and going strong :bigsmile:

I'm not a doctor but I really don't think it's good to do the same work out 3 times a day. I don't think it's that bad to miss a day or two...your muscles do need rest days. Maybe do different types of exercises not the shred 3 times in one day....
  • Bibil
    Bibil Posts: 25
    Options
    Thanks. Its really beautiful out in Chicago. I tried enjoying the weather 80 degrees in March has never happened before. I did the 30 day shed today. I was a bit worn out after the workout. I think I really needed the rest. Thanks for the motivation.
  • NubianSpirit
    NubianSpirit Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    i messed up on my workouts this week (hence the lack of check-ins) ... my plan was to do double workouts over the weekend to make up for it, but unfortunately yesterday i had to go and break the water main coming into the house and so that sort of delayed my workout :p ... (so i'm a little on the clumsy side - and yes, i completely suck at the military press with leg raise).

despite being up until 2a last night, i didn't get a single round of 30ds in bc the hubby was having boys game night which meant there were extra people in the house & with just one bathroom, i didn't think getting all sweaty with 2 rounds of jm and then NOT showering before crawling into bed was a good idea. i did get 2 rounds in today which puts me at 16 done. i will be doing doubles on monday and tuesday to make up for it with another double (or maybe 2) thrown in for good measure to keep me on track since i'll be running a 10k on sunday.

based on my experience with doing double workouts (this is my 2nd round of 30ds), i can offer a couple of suggestions:
    1) spreading them out makes it much easier, one in the morning the next one later (whatever that ends up meaning based on your schedule;
    2) i have done them back to back and for me that has worked okay (i do extra stretching & drink lots of water to avoid lactic acid build up). i do find that going that route, my 2nd round isn't as good as the 1st since i'm tired (shocker, right);
    3) one time, i actually did each circuit twice - ummm... yea... if you've ever done p90x, it was sort of like that. i didn't think it would be that much different than doing them back to back, but it was.

if you were to try and do 3 workouts in a day, i would suggest breaking them up over the course of the day - 1 in the morning, 1 around lunchtime, and 1 in the evening. that way your body has a couple of hours to recover between rounds. stretch your muscles really good (more than the cool down instructs) and drink lots of water to keep yourself (and especially those muscles) hydrated. i would guess that you might see your ability dropping a bit as you go through the sessions, but just remember to listen to your body - if you have to take a break, take it - you do not want to hurt yourself trying to play catch-up!

:)
  • Jennifer7Five
    Jennifer7Five Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    I missed 2 days in level 1, and now I've missed 1 day of level 2, I just keep going. I just chalk it up as a rest day and then just stick to once a day. I know that if I tried to make up for it, I would get overwhelmed and maybe even more behind and then want to quit and I am not quitting!
    I may tack on some days at the end- but I really don't want to lose my momentum.
  • louisey112
    louisey112 Posts: 576 Member
    Options
    I only missed on Friday and didn't get a chance to put a double workout in on one of the weekend days (morning and evening). I think 3 would be way too much. Just keep going ... it's okay if you're a day or two behind. I have been pretty faithful with it and at my halfway point I lost a total of 5 1/2 inches so I was pretty happy with those results.
  • SexyJaye
    SexyJaye Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    I missed 2 workout sessions as well. What I did- I restart my level 2. :)