Week 4

Options
hpage84
hpage84 Posts: 20 Member
Hi all!

Who else is still on schedule? I haven't missed a day so far, but work is about to start getting really hectic, so I hope I can keep it up.

The workouts are still a challenge, for sure, but I'm managing a lot better. I do have to modify a bit because I live in an apartment building and have to keep the thudding to a minimum. Most of the hardcore jumps (tuck, power, etc) get turned into jump-rope, suicide jumps, squats, or whatever I can manage at the time. Also, my arms are still noodle-y, so I do modified push-ups instead of the full ones, but at least I can do more of them and get my chest closer to the ground.

As far as results, I'm starting to notice them. For reference, I'm 5'7" and about 140-145 lbs. I've lost almost an inch off my waist and a little over an inch on my 'pouch'. I don't have a scale, so I'm not sure if there's been any weight loss/gain or not. I'm looking forward to doing some progress pics on Day 30 to compare. Though I don't follow the nutrition guide menu, my diet's been good - I've probably more than doubled my protein intake, as it's always over 100g a day (it was probably 20-30g before, as I pretty much ate bread and pasta all day). The nutrition guide says I should take in 1750 calories for weight loss. The first couple of weeks I was averaging 1650-1700, now it's more like 1800-1900. If I'm hungry, I eat, as long as it's healthy. I have no desire to be thinking about my starving belly all day.

So, how's everyone else doing?

Replies

• Altruista75
    Altruista75 Posts: 409 Member
    Options
    Great job sticking with it! I'm actually on my last week of the entire program. I plan on restarting it as soon as I'm done! This is a great program that is constantly challenging me and I can't wait to see if I do better the 2nd time around!
  • Loungelo
    Loungelo Posts: 6
    Options
    Sounds like you are doing a really nice job. I'm also still on schedule, though took last Saturday (and Sunday) off lieu of St. Patrick's Day drinking weekend. Workouts are also a challenge for me, though I think I'm taking less breaks overall than Week 1. I'm also in the same height range, but currently weigh 171lb. Mainly doing the program so I can get down to 160lb and thinking about switching to P90X to gain some muscle afterwards - will need to wait and see.

My diet is very lean - eating 1,000 - 1,200 calories on weekdays (4 small meals) - following the diet outlined in Four Hour Body - mainly lean proteins, beans, and all sorts of vegetables. Also I don't eat any cheese, dairy, or soft-drinks (just water and coffee).

I'm also giving myself one cheat day a week (Saturdays) where all food is allowed, but I also try not to over-do it if I find myself drinking alcohol (e.g., no late night meals). Sundays are usually my days off from the program, but back on the diet (extremely tough when hungover, so I usually end up eating around 2,000 calories). I've lost inches throughout my body, but still not where I want to be. Currently I'm averaging about 3.5lb of weigh-loss a week.
  • hpage84
    hpage84 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Whoa, that's some serious weight loss! How are you doing with that heavy-duty calorie restriction? I would be thinking about my stomach all day - are you able to tune it out?

Last night I caved and had my first diet Coke since starting insanity - it was a long work night and I wanted the caffeine fix but it was too late for coffee. Back to full-time water today. But oh how I miss DC! Some people can quit it and lose the taste for it, but I think that won't be me.
  • Loungelo
    Loungelo Posts: 6
    Options
    It's not too bad - I haven't starved, though sometimes I do crave something of more substance. I generally start the day with a protein shake (about 140 calories) and pack one for the afternoon around 4pm. I end up eating a 500-600 calorie lunch around 11:30am (Chipotle Salad with Black Beans, Vegetables, Chicken, Tomato Salsa, Corn Salsa is my favorite - only 600 calories). As soon as I get home I try to get the workout out of the way and end up eating chicken breast or some other type of protein for dinner with a vegetable.

I find myself drinking more coffee than I should be - not sure if that's bad, but I was under the impression that coffee helps the metabolism. I love Diet Pepsi over Diet Coke, but have been avoiding all soft drinks completely.