Getting thru day by day with a smile

Options
mfisher16508
mfisher16508 Posts: 269 Member
SOooo I came home saturday, posted info here and there and me and tessanne have been going back and forth seeing as how we are just a day apart in surgeries...I wanted to update all of you incase you dont check the boards and only the group...

Surgery went well, my hernia was larger then he thought and surgery took longer then anticipated, but there were not probs, live was good, ect...apparently I bleed easily and they had issues with that, he asked me 100 times If I took otc supplements and such, I never did, Im just an odd ball I guess.....because my clotting times and the rest of my bloodwork was good.

Recovery was a *****, I dont wake up well from anesthesia at all, and to top it off they had me on dilaudid pca, I was snowed the WHOLE day, the next morning they changed my pain meds to oral at my request, Id rather be uncomfortable and arousable as opposed to snowed and asleep. Dilaaudid sucks and to think, my patients beg beg beg for it, NOT me.....its horrible.a

My roommate was nice, her husband was an *kitten* and would call to fight with her, they were gonna move me to a private room I told them no, cause I liked her, and she told him off so he stopped bothering her, well in essence US...she had hernias, but was going toget this surgery too.

I did try to get up the first day, couldnt do it, too snowed, i was dizzy and was about to vomit, I laid back down and went to sleep, I warned them that I was a hard wake up from ensthesia so they were not concerned.
I had a test the 2nd day and that went well, no leaks inside so I was good to go....Im still on clears, but I just called to ask the doc if I can advance, my appt is tomorrow, but I am worried about my protein and stuff, so that is my plan.

I have been walking daily, kinda over did it yesterday, but thats to be expected until you find your niche, I found it pretty fast, lol....
The liquids are going down good, with no side effects, I pooped today (TMI I know but it felt good) and the gas is SLOWLY dissipating, I just want that pain in my shoulder to go away, cause it hurts...

I am happy to be home, to have all of you, to vent and proclaim...I feel good, now I must shower.

Have a great day ladies and gents...

Replies

• kidskart
    kidskart Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    That's great! Each day will get better and better!
  • J_M1987
    J_M1987 Posts: 32
    Options
    That's great! Glad to hear you are doing well. I can't wait until it's my turn haha
  • tessanne10
    tessanne10 Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    I think we're both doing terrific! Even though we're in different states, our experiences seem pretty similar. I seem to want to smile more now and actually it doesn't take me an hour to wake up anymore.
    I have a friend who says this time next year it will be time to run a 5K! I will be happy to walk a 5K at this point! lol
  • pavshop
    pavshop Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    Congratulations ladies. I am one month post op and mostly feeling like my old self. (With several improvements.) Keep coming for support.
  • hhamilton1203
    hhamilton1203 Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    Keep up the good work!!!