New to group- 4 years post op bypass

Options
Hi I just found this group and so glad that I did. I will be officially 4 years out on Wednesday. I am 5'6" and started at 365, lowest was 158 but looked sickly, looked best at 165-168 and trying to get back there. Currently sitting at 172 (highest 180) but I am always on the scale. What is everyone eating/ calories this far out?

Replies

• therigas2
    Options
    Hey there! I'm also new to the site and a little over 2 years post op RNY....so either way, we are both WLS "vets"! Congrats on your loss, would love to add you as a friend so we can motivate and encourage one another!
  • syb_227
    syb_227 Posts: 7
    Options
    Hi guys!

I am also 2 years & 2 months post-op gastric bypass surgery and have lost a total of 131 pounds. I weighed 165 in December 2010 (11 months post-op) and was at my thinnest/happiest. Unfortunately, I have allowed my emotional eating to undermine my success and have since creeped back up to 179. I am bound and determined to get back down to 160 or 165 to maintain a slimmer me AND fit comfortably back into my size 10 jeans.
  • Darhep
    Darhep Posts: 25
    Options
    Glad to meet you both. At least we caught our weight gains before we are 50 or more over our goals. How are you both eating now since you started here? I am trying high protein low carb like after surgery again, not a bad start with 10 lbs gone since I started watching but can't get below 170. Not hitting 1000 cal per day no matter how hard I try. Looking forward to chatting with you more.
  • jjomilligan
    Options
    Good Morning all, I am new to the site as well. My 2 sisters joined a while ago and motivated me to join too. I am 2 yrs out from gastric bypass surgery and did/doing pretty good (lost 180 lbs). Nice to check up on myself though and maintain a healthy life. I think I had gotten back into the "Im not eating that much" mentality and started to gain again. The tracker is fantastic, seeing on screen what I am putting in my body , though I only joined a few days ago has made me self check more than I have in the recent past. Would love to connect with anyone in all stages of this journey, so feel free to add me too :o)

Jenn