First weekend trip since RNY

Options
Teenalou
Teenalou Posts: 9 Member
I had RNY Dec. 13, 2011 and have been really pleased with my progress. I now have my routine when at home to get my protein and water in. Next month I am planning a weekend trip. We will be traveling by car. I need advice about getting my protein and water in while traveling. THanks.

Replies

• syb_227
    syb_227 Posts: 7
    Options
    EAS Carb control shakes - ready to drink packs of 4 at Target or Walmart. I'm 2 years & 2 months post-op gastric bypass and I still drink at least 2 per day and keep them with me at all times. The rich dark chocolate is my fave but I also love the chocolate fudge. Only 110 calories, 17 grams of protein and 1 gram of sugar - BEST TASTING RTD (ready-to-drink) protein shake on the market in my opinion.
  • Teenalou
    Teenalou Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    THank you so much.
  • mfisher16508
    mfisher16508 Posts: 269 Member
    Options
    EAS are super good, highly reccomend them. good luck you can do it.
  • kriskaryl
    kriskaryl Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    Don't be afraid to let waitstaff know that you have special dietary needs. I had gastric bypass 7/2011 and we took our 1st trip in mid-Oct for my birthday. I am not one of those pushy demanding customers and could adapt from what was on my plate but the waitstaff at each restaurant were very sweet about making minor changes. For instance, at one place, I ordered a baked sweet potato normally served with whipped butter mixed with cinnamon & sugar. The waitress brought me the cinnamon bottle from the kitchen and I mixed some with Splenda instead and passed on the butter. Amazing, someone always knew someone who had weight loss surgery and they were so willing to help. They all earned great tips.

While in the car, pack a cooler with the RTD protein drinks, protein bars, and bottles of water. Freeze the bottles ahead and they will keep everything else cold while they thaw.

Most importantly, enjoy and take lots of pictures. You can use them for comparison along your journey.