The Real Skinny

Options
MacMadame
MacMadame Posts: 1,893 Member
Okay who watched this on TLC?

I kind of didn't want to because I hate drama and they were making these people out to be really dramatic and whiny. But I "know" the gal who was featured so I felt compelled to watch and found it a lot more bearable and interesting than I expected.

But it made me not want to get PS. Which surprised me.

Replies

• SCUBAMomofTwo
    Options
    I did not see the show. However, I can attest to the fact that PS is a MUCH harder recovery than gastric bypass. I have had many surgeries AND natural childbirth and I'd rather have another baby with no anesthesia than go thru my tummy tuck again!!
  • MacMadame
    Options
    I think it's more dangerous too. Because of being under anesthesia so long.
  • Laura8603
    Laura8603 Posts: 590 Member
    Options
    I did see the show and enjoyed it. It did bring back some painful memories, similar to what Sarah on the show was feeling.

OMG plastic surgery was so worthy it to me!! I finally feel "normal" again. But I must say I did not go down a single size and in clothes I look exactly the same (I wore good shapewear pre-plastics). So people are still confused as to why I had surgery (but WLS peeps understand).

I've had brachioplasty, a lower body lift, and breast lift.
  • Laura8603
    Options
    And if I can ever afford it, next I'm getting breast implants and an inner thigh lift. but if not, that's OK. I'm actually at peace with how I look now.
  • MacMadame
    Options
    So your clothes don't fit better?
  • SCUBAMomofTwo
    Options
    My clothes DEFINITELY fit better. I can actually wear button up pants now for more than an hour or two; before, with the roll of skin and my scar rubbing (it was used three times...once for my open bypass, once for my petersen's hernia and once for my bowel obstruction; so I had it revised) it was so uncomfortable. Surprisingly, though, I love my breast lift the best although in hindsight I MIGHT have gone for the implants.

I saw on OH that they are recruiting for the next episode/season of the show; check out TLC website if interested.

~~Marilyn
  • Laura8603
    Options
    So your clothes don't fit better?

Slightly, but I was already a size 4/6 and all he removed was skin. The picture on my profile of me in my Auburn shirt, my grey long-sleeved shirt, and my psychodelic dress were pre-plastics. My tummy was already flat with shapewear and my measurements are exactly the same.
  • MacMadame
    Options
    Well I've got fat cells in my pani -- the kind that won't go away even if they are completely deflated. I guess that's a disadvantage of waiting until you're older to have the surgery -- more fat cells. Also, I don't like wearing shapeware that much. Plus I am in athletic workout type clothes a lot and they show everything! :laugh:

Anyway, the only reason I'd consider it is if my pants would fit better. I thought I wanted everything tightened up just to feel better about my body but when I watched that show and decided the small improvements I'd get weren't worth it to me to go through that.