Okay, now silly deal breakers...

Options
toots99
toots99 Posts: 3,794 Member
I brought up the topic of deal breakers the other day...do you have any "silly" deal breakers? I don't mean if someone has kids or is an alcoholic, but things that might not bother others.

I've been talking to this guy for a few days, and very frequently he'll refer to me in the second person when speaking to me. Like "What does Sharon look for in a guy?", "What will Sharon have for dinner tonight?", "I'm curious to see what Sharon likes."

It's starting to drive me crazy, to the point where I've already said something to him about it (half-jokingly, of course.)

I think another deal breaker (when it comes to online dating, really, where most everything starts in text and emails), is text-speak. I even put in my profile that "I have no patience 4 text speak so if U email me using it, UR not going 2 get a reply." It just gives off a lazy vibe. If you're too lazy to type out two more letters, you're too lazy to do much else. It's sloppy, I don't like it. I don't care if you're a bad speller, but at least try.

Replies

• j4nash
    j4nash Posts: 1,719 Member
    Options
    Vegans
  • La_Amazona
    La_Amazona Posts: 4,855 Member
    Options
    I think another deal breaker (when it comes to online dating, really, where most everything starts in text and emails), is text-speak. I even put in my profile that "I have no patience 4 text speak so if U email me using it, UR not going 2 get a reply." It just gives off a lazy vibe. If you're too lazy to type out two more letters, you're too lazy to do much else. It's sloppy, I don't like it. I don't care if you're a bad speller, but at least try.

Yes yes yes! I hate hate hate hate this! Complete turn off. Seriously.

Little feet. :wink: :laugh:
  • JGT2004
    JGT2004 Posts: 231 Member
    Options
    I agree with the text-speak although I do occasionally do it (mostly with friends that can't seem to type normal, want to make sure they understand my reply :wink:).

My big stupid issue is with house cleaning and this probably comes from having a disgusting brother as a roommate. I am in no way OCD or a clean freak, I only clean once a week myself. But week old pizza crusts in your room = gross. Dirty bathrooms = :sick: , I don't want to see your hair all over the sink. And by all that is holy if you can manage to not only have a dish make it to the kitchen but if it can make it all the way into the dishwasher I would probably pass out or propose!
  • MissingMinnesota
    MissingMinnesota Posts: 7,486 Member
    Options

Ugh I hate that too.

My silly deal breaker - guys that over grooms. If I can tell you get your eyebrows waxed you are doing too much.
  • AllanMisner
    AllanMisner Posts: 4,140 Member
    Options
    They can't have an annoying laugh. If you're getting along well, people tend to laugh a lot. If it grates on my nerves, I wouldn't be able to deal with it.

Also over this weekend, I saw a very attractive woman at another bar. I was turned to the side, watching some basketball when I heard a cackle. I just knew it couldn't have come from her, but then she cackled again. Just ruined the hotness she had going for her.
  • AnnaPixie
    AnnaPixie Posts: 7,439 Member
    Options
    I've been talking to this guy for a few days, and very frequently he'll refer to me in the second person when speaking to me. Like "What does Sharon look for in a guy?", "What will Sharon have for dinner tonight?", "I'm curious to see what Sharon likes."

It's starting to drive me crazy, to the point where I've already said something to him about it (half-jokingly, of course.)

I think that would drive mad too!! :noway:

Anyone that farts, picks his nose, has greasy hair, non ironed clothes, doesnt offer to buy the first drink before I do, has bad breath, bad teeth, bad manners!! :sick: Urgh!!
  • catherine4211
    catherine4211 Posts: 944 Member
    Options
    They can't have an annoying laugh. If you're getting along well, people tend to laugh a lot. If it grates on my nerves, I wouldn't be able to deal with it.

Also over this weekend, I saw a very attractive woman at another bar. I was turned to the side, watching some basketball when I heard a cackle. I just knew it couldn't have come from her, but then she cackled again. Just ruined the hotness she had going for her.

So much for ever falling for me! When I laugh my kids tell me to be quiet. I tell them laughing is better then yelling!!!
  • JThomas61
    JThomas61 Posts: 892
    Options
    [/quote]

Anyone that farts, picks his nose, has greasy hair, non ironed clothes, doesnt offer to buy the first drink before I do, has bad breath, bad teeth, bad manners!! :sick: Urgh!!
    [/quote]

You just wiped out 99% of the on-line dating world with that comment, LOL
  • j4nash
    j4nash Posts: 1,719 Member
    Options

99% of the male population actually. Women fart too!
  • scapez
    scapez Posts: 2,018 Member
    Options

scapez would not like this one bit!!
  • _Kitten_Kate
    _Kitten_Kate Posts: 520 Member
    Options

Hell yeah we do! ;)

Most of that stuff I could deal with... except the bad teeth and breath. Thats just lazy poor hygene. All the other stuff are easy "fixes".
  • Meghan0116
    Meghan0116 Posts: 1,340 Member
    Options
    I dated a guy who drank the soy sauce out of the little bowl when we were having sushi one night. I gagged a little. So yeah, bad table manners is a big no no for me.

Some more
    People who really like to debate, i.e. argue
    Guys who pick their teeth, ewwwwwwwww
    Bad breath, seriously stores do sell gum and mints
    And of course, weird ticklers, I so don't know you that well, please don't try to find my ticklish places lol
  • AnnaPixie
    Options

I KNOW we all fart, but I would never fart on a date......that's what I meant, if he turns up to a date and farts etc :laugh:
  • AnnaPixie
    Options

Hell yeah we do! ;)

Most of that stuff I could deal with... except the bad teeth and breath. Thats just lazy poor hygene. All the other stuff are easy "fixes".

Don't forget these are 'silly' deal breakers. Not serious, but off putting nonetheless!! Of course if everything else is perfect, then if a fart slips out it wont really matter!!! :laugh: :laugh:
  • JThomas61
    JThomas61 Posts: 892
    Options
    My silly deal breaker....a woman who wears flannel pajamas to bed!
  • AnnaPixie
    Options
    My silly deal breaker....a woman who wears flannel pajamas to bed!

You've just reminded me about a guy I had a couple of dates with. He said his big TURN ON was a woman in a wynciette nightie!! (I'd say a similar look to flannel pj's, just a nightie instead of trousers)

I just could not imagine myself in a wynciette night, so I guess that was a silly deal breaker too! Although, he dumped me! :laugh:
  • Steelheart7
    Steelheart7 Posts: 1,056
    Options
    I don't like a guy that can't get dirty .. like who has to sit on his coat on the ground, or something like that.
    Guys who use hairspray .. barf.
    guys who can't spell. lol.
  • BondBomb
    BondBomb Posts: 1,781 Member
    Options
    My friends always make fun of me for these:

I once broke up with a guy because guy didnt know what minnestrone soup was. (He claimed to be Italian)
    I never made it to date one with one guy I was talking to because he signed his email 'chow' instead of 'ciao'.
    I had someone suggest taking me out to a "nice seafood dinner". It was Red Lobster - no second date for him.
    If we make it to the sexy time and he snores...probably no more sleep-overs.

Ok and this is a craziest. I am totally open to race when it comes to dating. My ex-husband was white and we have a son together. However..I once dated a black guy that was super super light. He looked white. I couldnt get past it. Culturally he was totally African american but I just could get this to make sense in my head. It bothered me. Totally embarassed by this but then again apparently Im all ****ed up!
  • mikey1976
    mikey1976 Posts: 1,005 Member
    Options
    I don't like a guy that can't get dirty .. like who has to sit on his coat on the ground, or something like that.
    Guys who use hairspray .. barf.
    guys who can't spell. lol.

you had me until this guys who can't spell. lol. darn it and your cute to now i'm going to go play with my marbles in the sand and i'm going to cry maybe make a mud puddle
  • mznisaelaine
    mznisaelaine Posts: 2,262 Member
    Options
    Ok so most of these aren't necessarily "deal breakers" but it's something I might either question, think it's weird, etc.

-A guy that carries a velcro wallet around - that's for kids and plus the noise is annoying lol - Please carry a man wallet :)
    -A guy who has like 3 pair of shorts under his jeans - that's just completely weird
    -A guy who wears his clothes really really big - please wear clothes that fit you :)
    -A guy who would publicly wear shorts shorter than what I would wear - weird times 2
    -Guys who get their eyebrows waxed - just seems so unnatural for a guy and it takes the masculine look away IMO
    -Guys who use foul language every other word. If you can't say a normal sentence without using the 'f', 's', or 'b' word 99% of the time then I would definitely say that's a dealbreaker for me.