Any favorite martial arts/Kung Fu movie?

Options
bcc112986
bcc112986 Posts: 362 Member
My favorite right now is True Legend. I love when Vincent Zhao's character trains with the tree on the mountain and when he learns Drunken Fist.

Anyone have a favorite or recommendation?

Replies

• jfinnivan
    jfinnivan Posts: 360 Member
    Options
    Fearless with Jet Li is fantastic.
    Hero is also a beautifully filmed movie, also with Jet Li.
  • bushidowoman
    bushidowoman Posts: 1,599 Member
    Options
    Ip Man and Ip Man2! Donnie Yen is my new favorite actor!
  • FightGirl83
    Options
    Beautiful Boxer, the true story of Nong Thoom.
  • istalkzombies
    istalkzombies Posts: 344 Member
    Options
    Beautiful Boxer, the true story of Nong Thoom.
    thats an awesome movie
  • istalkzombies
    istalkzombies Posts: 344 Member
    Options
    im a big Tony Jaa fan,
    Ong Bak 1,2,3, The Protector
  • fatty_to_fitty
    fatty_to_fitty Posts: 544 Member
    Options

Me too!!
  • fatty_to_fitty
    Options
    im a big Tony Jaa fan,
    Ong Bak 1,2,3, The Protector

Me too!!
  • fatty_to_fitty
    Options
    I really do agree with the above posts too.

anything with donnie yen in is worth a watch and also Tony Jaa

Legend of Chen Zhen is also good

I like the films like house of flying daggers or crouching tiger hidden dragon with the wires I like the style but it's totally different from any other ones above.
  • KyleB65
    KyleB65 Posts: 1,196 Member
    Options
    Enter The Dragon is my #1

After that : Drunken Master, Shaolin Soccer, Kung Fu Hustle.

There is also Bloodsport and Ong-Bak which were enjoyable.
  • ActiveGuy81
    ActiveGuy81 Posts: 705 Member
    Options

Yep, You said it well. I'll never forget when I first saw Ip Man 4 years ago. I was in awe. Same thing happened to me when I saw Ong Bak. But all time fave is Bruce Lee. Love Enter the Dragon, Return of the Dragon, etc.
  • WillyQ711
    WillyQ711 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    I'll join in on The Ip Man trilogy, awesome movies, which also re-sparked and inspired me to get back into training last year after a 10 year hiatus from something I freak'n love more than anything!

I also enjoyed the 90's flick, The Perfect Weapon, great movie showing the workings of Kenpo and other arts. The latest movies I liked, which also had descent acting, we're Never Back Down and Never Back Down II, good adaptations to the world of modern martial arts.
  • bushidowoman
    Options
    I'll join in on The Ip Man trilogy, awesome movies, which also re-sparked and inspired me to get back into training last year after a 10 year hiatus from something I freak'n love more than anything!

Have you seen the 3rd? What's your take on it?
  • WillyQ711
    WillyQ711 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    I actually thought is was great... BUT, you can't really compare it to Ip Man 1 & 2. First of all, Donnie Yen steals the show in the first two movies, and a better actor if you ask me. The first two were more about Ip Man and his life, with some "ooo-aahh" added in for effect and audience appeal. The third was a prequel that inserted various plots that were razzle-dazzled beyond belief. Then again, that's what it was meant to do. From my research, there are more Ip Man movies coming out, as he and his art seem to be in style right now, or the next trend. Donnie Yen was asked to do the third as well, but turned it down due to this reason and therefore he thought they would just be using his name to market the movie. There are approximately 3 more Ip Man involved movies coming out, the next one is called Grandmasters I think, which supposedly makes Ip Man look like a superhero, but not sure.
  • Six6xiS
    Six6xiS Posts: 47 Member
    Options

Yep, You said it well. I'll never forget when I first saw Ip Man 4 years ago. I was in awe. Same thing happened to me when I saw Ong Bak. But all time fave is Bruce Lee. Love Enter the Dragon, Return of the Dragon, etc.

IP Man 1&2
    Best of the Best
    Shogun Assassin

If anyone says 'Never Back Down' I will vomit. :)
  • mijo32002
    mijo32002 Posts: 42
    Options
    Well the Ip Man movies are technically amazing, (I'm not really a fan of the second one, it struck me as a bit too nationalistic, which impacted the story), and Ong Bak is just INSANE. But one that's really cool that doesn't get a lot of coverage was Donnie Yen's Flashpoint. It goes from striking range to grappling and back, it's really amazing how it flows. Check it out, Donnie Yen's truly talented.
  • gordan1972
    gordan1972 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    The Way of the Dragon - Bruce Lee and Chuck Norris in one place ;)
  • bushidowoman
    Options
    Well the Ip Man movies are technically amazing, (I'm not really a fan of the second one, it struck me as a bit too nationalistic, which impacted the story), and Ong Bak is just INSANE. But one that's really cool that doesn't get a lot of coverage was Donnie Yen's Flashpoint. It goes from striking range to grappling and back, it's really amazing how it flows. Check it out, Donnie Yen's truly talented.
    I have Flashpoint in my Netflix que, along with Legend of the Fist: Return of Chen Zhen.
  • maxonehiphop
    maxonehiphop Posts: 139 Member
    Options

IP Man 1&2
    Best of the Best
    Shogun Assassin

If anyone says 'Never Back Down' I will vomit. :)

Never Back Down.

(please do not post pictures of what ever happened after you read this)
  • KateL1969
    KateL1969 Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    "Who is this super hero? is it Sarge? No. Is it Rosemary the telephone operator? No. Is it Henry the mild mannered janitor? Could be!"

Guess that doesn't count though.

Kate :laugh:
  • CallMePat
    CallMePat Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    I'm a sucker for good martial arts movies.
    Let see; how about a few.
    Kung Fu Hustle - Maybe my all around favorite love the comedy.
    BKO (Bangkok Knockout) - Over the top action, really young stars
    IP Man 2 is probably up there too