DAY 17 CHALLENGE & AFFIRMATION

Options
ShawtyLatina
ShawtyLatina Posts: 160 Member
Hi Wellness Warriors. Happy Tuesday.

As we all travel through our own health journeys, we might have discovered that we are our own best friends. When you start to clean the God Pod temple and treat it right, you create a closer relationship with your body, becoming very intimate with how your body works, the signals, and the messages. When you get to know and respect yourself, you are never alone, no matter how hard it gets and how dark it seems. Your body will tell you what you need to do to move to a better place. Never forget that. Your body knows what it needs. It will communicate it to you. You just need to be sure you’re listening.

Life is testy. Obstacles are par for the course. They’re built in opportunities for continued learning. Pat yourself on the back! Take pride in how far you’ve come. You rock!

FOCUS
Now’s a good time to ask your best friend (you!):

1. What needs more attention in your life?
2. What’s one thing you could take off your plate that would allow you more time?
3. What loving words about yourself would your best friend tell you?

Write these encouraging words on your bathroom mirror in red lipstick. Post it on your frig on a sticky. Write yourself a note and pin it to your cubby. Or even better yet, make it your screensaver.

POSTIVE SELF TALK
Obstacles are opportunities in disguise – let me know them when I see them.

AFFIRMATION
I accept and love myself as I am. I believe in me.

GOD POD MAINTENANCE
Get a haircut, invest in some new duds, be Madonna (or Lady Gaga, depending on your generation) and reinvent yourself. By now you’ve probably lost a few pounds, your skin looks dewy and youthful, and your attitude shines. Get a style to match the magic.

TIP
Give yourself a belly rub. Your pooper will thank you. Lie on your back with your knees bent, feet on the floor. Apply moderate pressure and slowly rub in a circular clockwise motion. Start on your right side, then work across your belly (under your rib cage) and down your left side. Repeat several times. If you’re having trouble with trapped gas, try using a hot-water bottle atop your tum tum.

PHYSICAL CHALLENGE
Pay attention to your favorite body part (shoulders, abs, tush, legs…) . Pick any exercise that will make that body part flex its beautiful muscles. The goal is to challenge yourself today. So pick an exercise that’s not easy for you and work it to exhaustion. The minimum target is 5 sets for 15 reps each.

Good luck today! I have no doubt you “got this.” 