the impossible crush

Options
Moe4572
Moe4572 Posts: 1,430 Member
do you have one of these? I don't mean celebrity like....but someone you "crush" on, but know it won't happen due to they are your boss, or married, or live too far away....too young, too old, etc, etc?

I sure do :(

Replies

• christine24t
    christine24t Posts: 6,063 Member
    Options
    Yeah! I have a crush on this kid that is a member at my work (I work at a country club). He's so nice and I just love seeing him when he comes in!
  • AllanMisner
    AllanMisner Posts: 4,140 Member
    Options
    I've had these in the past, but don't have any right now. Except for the first two (I was married and wouldn't cheat), I pretty much always told them how I felt and that typically ended things right there.
  • Steelheart7
    Steelheart7 Posts: 1,056
    Options
    Yup. :flowerforyou:
  • Carl01
    Carl01 Posts: 9,370 Member
    Options
    Thankfully right now that is not the case although it seems just about every crush can be described as that. :ohwell:
  • scapez
    scapez Posts: 2,018 Member
    Options
    Aside from the obvious (:heart: ) I used to have a crush for our church's worship leader...well, me and most other fairly newish-girls at that church. After a while I joined the worship team as one of the singers so I knew that it was never going to be but I carried that crush for quite awhile before it finally went away completely. Aside from telling a few mutual friends I never told him, simply because I didn't want things to be awkward - I strongly felt that he would never be interested,

Looking back, I don't regret not saying anything.
  • UsedToBeHusky
    UsedToBeHusky Posts: 15,229 Member
    Options
    I do have one presently.

I have had them before too. Not sure if it is some psychological thing to want the person who is least available to me or what. :ohwell:
  • Steelheart7
    Options
    Thankfully right now that is not the case although it seems just about every crush can be described as that. :ohwell:

HEY! I thought I was your crush!! lol
  • Carl01
    Carl01 Posts: 9,370 Member
    Options

The question was "impossible" ones...you aren`t there yet. :wink:
  • pa_jorg
    pa_jorg Posts: 4,404 Member
    Options
    Yup, but isn't that feeling of being 'impossible' a little fun at the same time simply because you know there really isn't anything to lose?
  • Steelheart7
    Options

The question was "impossible" ones...you aren`t there yet. :wink:

LOL .. all right. You are lucky pal.
  • Myslissa
    Myslissa Posts: 760 Member
    Options
    Yes and he is married and my boss' boss and we flirt relentlessly . Flirting is fun but I do not play with other people's toys.
  • AnnaPixie
    AnnaPixie Posts: 7,439 Member
    Options
    Hmmm, I think I've had passing fancies, but I tend to move on from them pretty quick. No point wasting too much fantasy time on someone unattainable..... :laugh:
  • xtinalovexo
    xtinalovexo Posts: 1,376 Member
    Options
    Oh yeah. I love to want what I can't have.... Well, not really... It just happens that way.
  • Tropical_Turtle
    Tropical_Turtle Posts: 2,236 Member
    Options
    I used to, but he wouldnt look twice at me when I was heavier, and now hes paying attention to the skinnier me, eh I dont want him anymore. lol If you dont want me at my worst then why have me at my best
  • jenbit
    jenbit Posts: 4,289 Member
    Options
    Yes I have one of these. He is a sweety though with a misplaced sense of loyalty to my ex-boyfriend so even though he admits to liking me he wont do anything about it :grumble: :sad:
  • MissingMinnesota
    MissingMinnesota Posts: 7,486 Member
    Options
    yep he lives about 10 hours away. We used to talk all the time but since I know nothing is going to come from it as he can't move (because he has a kid and can't move it out of state) and there is no way in hell I am moving to where he lives. I am trying to break the crush and move on.
  • Moe4572
    Moe4572 Posts: 1,430 Member
    Options
    I don't just want him because I can't have him (he is much younger, but in the same life place-if that makes sense) and although we are friendly and would even say friends, that is all it will be..........he does not know I have this crush, and that is probably a good thing, for right now anyway.
  • melg126
    melg126 Posts: 378
    Options
    I crush on one of my male friends... but he's married. He has no clue either. Alas if only things were different. Maybe it is better this way though.
  • nammer79
    nammer79 Posts: 707 Member
    Options
    I have a few of those but that's part of the fun.
  • jaxdiablo
    jaxdiablo Posts: 580
    Options
    I definitely have one of these. There is a chance she may be relocating back to my general region, and if she does I'm going to be all over that like white on rice. I'm just biding my time now.