Need help and thoughts!

Options
Laceybaby1967
Laceybaby1967 Posts: 82 Member
Hi Everyone! I have to say, I love this group! I have been low-carbing for a few months now, and I can't believe how good I feel. Now, I have a question, and was hoping people could enlighten me based on their thoughts and experience...

I did try to go very low carb, and decided it wasn't for me; I also went low calorie, which of course kinda stalled everything. So I'm kinda playing with the numbers right now to find what works for me. I decided to add back some fruit, quite a few veggies....being mindful of my carbs, but no wheat...pretty much a Paleo diet (if it had a face, or comes from the ground, it's ok to eat).

Here's my dilemma....prior to eating this way, I got quinoa, and would make a casserole with it (adding turkey, and tons of veggies), and take that daily for lunch. I'm thinking it's ok to eat; though it's a grain, it's natural (you just boil it..it's unprocessed) and it has all the protein amino acids. But, I noticed that I got 'groggy' mid afternoon.....and it just didn't taste as good to me as it use to!

Is this normal? Has this happened with anyone else, where previously eaten foods just don't taste good anymore? And....I have a lot of this casserole pre-portioned in my freezer...think I should just throw it out!?!?!?!

Thanx!!!:bigsmile: